Fans back in stadiums

Leeds United news here, transfer rumours, club affairs, players, fans, etc.
Specific match discussions should go in the category below.
Barlow Boy
LUFCTALK Moderator

Re: Fans back in stadiums

Post by Barlow Boy »

Metro1962 wrote:
Selby White wrote:Welcome :wave:

Season tickets holders will rightly get priority but we have more than 30% of the stadium so will be some form of lucky dip among them I suspect.
From what I heard there will not be Season tickets holders getting priority it will be much fairer than that.
I understand it to be ST holders first priority, and I’m pretty sure most would say that’s fair.
When you retire, you switch bosses - from the one that hired you, to the one that married you.
Selby White
LUFCTALK Moderator

Post by Selby White »

HalifaxWhite wrote:
Not a topic we need on here though really with views like that being expressed - this isn't facebook.
HW is correct let's keep the thread on topic please and that's about how our club will deal with ticket allocation with a reduced capacity.

There is a place for politics for those who wish to debate, but only if its kept civil.
Keep your face always toward the sunshine - and shadows will fall behind you.
Selby White
LUFCTALK Moderator

Post by Selby White »

Barlow Boy wrote:
Metro1962 wrote:
Selby White wrote:Welcome :wave:

Season tickets holders will rightly get priority but we have more than 30% of the stadium so will be some form of lucky dip among them I suspect.
From what I heard there will not be Season tickets holders getting priority it will be much fairer than that.
I understand it to be ST holders first priority, and I’m pretty sure most would say that’s fair.
Absolutely BB despite me not having a season ticket I would feel guilty getting a ticket before a ST holder.

Out of interest Metro, where have you heard different?
Any links?
What do you think is fairer?

Are you a ST holder or go occasionally?
I know its occasional fans like me that will miss out but in the years I had ST would have been upset if others took priority. Principles don't change even when my position does.
Keep your face always toward the sunshine - and shadows will fall behind you.
hashtagleedsunited
Paul Heckingbottom's career advisor

Post by hashtagleedsunited »

HalifaxWhite wrote:and BTW I do think it could have been done better, but that is only in Hindsight

as they say hindsight is 20/20

In the heat of everything they followed scientific advice and that is the end of it.

hashtag I bet you think it was all about installing 5G to control our minds?

:lol: I jest
I am glad you included that you were jesting about the 5G :roll:

The discussion about the reduced capacity is absorbed into what is happening in the real world,
outside stadia, hence the comment.

I was NOT trying to invoke political debate, merely stating my viewpoint. :shh:
Barlow Boy
LUFCTALK Moderator

Post by Barlow Boy »

Fan trials in stadiums/venues to start again :thumbup:
When you retire, you switch bosses - from the one that hired you, to the one that married you.
Mr Russell
LUFCTALK Moderator

Post by Mr Russell »

For the sport here mostly they are allowing 25% into the stadiums but WA have had up to 50% for an AFL game.

Leeds have nearly 40000 capacity so 8000-10000 might be a possibility, be like the old Second Division days in the 1980s ;) . Of course it might not happen till later in the year.
Owners come and go but Leeds United will be there forever, for the fans - keep Marching on Together.
Davycc
LUFCTALK Moderator

Post by Davycc »

I will always argue that fans can just as passionate when they are not local or circumstances stop them from being regular attenders at games but surely it is indeed only fair that those to do go regularly and who pay up front for season tickets have the first option to get to games.

Will it be that say those that get to the first game then sit back while the next batch of ST holders can attend and so on ?
All at Amazon Books

The Funny Corner
When Santa Got Stuck Up The Chimney
The Thrones Murders
Barlow Boy
LUFCTALK Moderator

Post by Barlow Boy »

Davycc wrote: Will it be that say those that get to the first game then sit back while the next batch of ST holders can attend and so on ?
I don’t know if it will be limited to ST holders now, but my understanding from reading various bits and pieces about this, is that it will be one seat occupied, then two seats spare, fans from the same household will be allowed to sit together and then there will be two seats spare again and so on. I’m assuming it will be some sort of random draw as to which game you get.

I don’t know how many that will allow into ER, but anything is better than nothing.
Davycc
LUFCTALK Moderator

Post by Davycc »

If we have circa 23,000 ST holders and there's the relevant spacing would it not be nigh impossible to not have only ST holders? Hopefully I'm wrong and those regulars attendees that maybe aren't ST holders get a chance as well.
All at Amazon Books

The Funny Corner
When Santa Got Stuck Up The Chimney
The Thrones Murders
Barlow Boy
LUFCTALK Moderator

Post by Barlow Boy »

Davycc wrote:If we have circa 23,000 ST holders and there's the relevant spacing would it not be nigh impossible to not have only ST holders? Hopefully I'm wrong and those regulars attendees that maybe aren't ST holders get a chance as well.
The club are in a no win situation, if it’s just ST holders, members will kick off and if members are allowed, ST holders will kick off. Even if it’s a random draw for whatever combination, certain folk will complain that some have got ‘better games’ than them.

I don’t know what the answer is, I’ll accept whatever the club do as I can see the position they are in, but many won’t.