Congratulations

Leeds United news here, transfer rumours, club affairs, players, fans, etc.
Specific match discussions should go in the category below.
hashtagleedsunited
Paul Heckingbottom's career advisor

Re: Congratulations

Post by hashtagleedsunited »

Thank-you Paul, and as others have said, we are probably the MOST superstitious and anxious set of supporters in the country,
we have been conditioned to accepting disappointments in recent years.

Thankfully this is a decent forum, where you will not get berated harshly for your thoughts.
We are all too aware that the tiredness could set in, suffer 2 losses, and be back in the play offs,
since this is still mathematically possible, but this season is different to last year. WE will be stronger and are more resilient, and the question will
probably be whether it will happen as champions or as runners-up.

I am not one of those that take joy in others losses, Karma is such a bitch, that I never allow myself to be a schadenfreude.
(except manure i suppose lol)

We deserve to be going up as champions, it has been an incredibly long season for everyone,
and I have noticed some of the top clubs struggling now with fitness since the restart with tiredness, injuries and pressure.

Thankfully we have done enough earleir in the season.

One of the most gratifying things to witness, is that the honest support from the many real football fans of different clubs who actually want to see us back at the top table. Truly encouraging.

A special mention for Barnsley though, they don't deserve to be relegated, (on last nights performance)
fair play to them, but that feeling of dejection and heartbreak is not something which LUFC has been unfamiliar with through the years.

Best wishes to Ipswich for the future.

#MOT
NottinghamWhite
LUFCTALK Admin

Post by NottinghamWhite »

West Brom fans on Leeds win

#WBA Congrats to #LUFC on (pretty much) promotion, hope we join you.

Big Semi Ajayi: Now it’s just a race between us and Brentford. We’re leading the race and the only way we’ll lose it is if we trip over

Aaron Walker: Leeds showing how to win ugly. Something Albion need to do again if necessary. Forget all the missed chances against Blackburn, and throwing away silly points against Blues and others. Just win tomorrow. And assuming Brenford beat Stoke (which they will) win Wednesday too

Stuart Bailey: Congratulations Leeds Utd, I know its not mathematical yet but it’s a formality now. Always need luck to play a part, got that tonight, just praying that we have some tomorrow evening

Dominic Chapman: Fair play to Leeds, you can see what it means to them. What I’d give for celebrations like these of our own tomorrow

Steve Nock: Leeds getting the job done. Brom take note

Dave Neale: Pretty much accepted Leeds promotion after their last minute winner vs Swansea. Brentford or Albion for 2nd.

Pretty poor if we can’t beat Huddersfield and QPR to get 2nd spot.
Winner of the Europa League
Saxon
Allan Clarke's tissue supplier

Post by Saxon »

"Don't sell the skin before you kill the bear."
We're all bursting with pride,joy, anticipation,exhaustion, everything, but we can't let it out yet.
Wellwisher
Luke Aylings Scrunchie maker

Post by Wellwisher »

"Until the situation is mathematically resolved, we cannot talk about promotion," said Leeds boss Bielsa.
Paul ITFC
Neil Redfearn's diversity coach

Post by Paul ITFC »

Told you,although I did not think it would be today.

Congratulations, you are back where you belong.
kk white
Raich Carter's Contract Agent

Post by kk white »

Paul ITFC wrote:Told you,although I did not think it would be today.

Cheers Paul, thanks for sticking around on the forum :thumbup:
"An astonishing number of people despise Leeds United or what Leeds United stand for. But this club was never made for them." - Phil Hay
Davycc
LUFCTALK Moderator

Post by Davycc »

Paul ITFC wrote:Told you,although I did not think it would be today.

Now yer talking Paul. Thank you, appreciate it.
All at Amazon Books

The Funny Corner
When Santa Got Stuck Up The Chimney
The Thrones Murders