Ex-Player/Manager Watch

Leeds United news here, transfer rumours, club affairs, players, fans, etc.
Specific match discussions should go in the category below.
Barlow Boy
LUFCTALK Moderator

Re: Ex-Player/Manager Watch

Post by Barlow Boy »

John Dane wrote:Thomas Christiansen appointed new head coach of the national team in Panama.
Nice fella, good luck to him.
When you retire, you switch bosses - from the one that hired you, to the one that married you.
NottinghamWhite
LUFCTALK Admin

Post by NottinghamWhite »

John Dane wrote:Thomas Christiansen appointed new head coach of the national team in Panama.
As others have said he’s a nice guy just not what was required at Leeds at the time.
Winner of the Europa League
Mr Russell
LUFCTALK Moderator

Post by Mr Russell »

https://theworldgame.sbs.com.au/leeds-l ... ecial-club

Thoughts by Viduka on our promotion who has been very quiet since he retired.
Owners come and go but Leeds United will be there forever, for the fans - keep Marching on Together.
Mr Russell
LUFCTALK Moderator

Post by Mr Russell »

Harry Kewell is one of the favourites for the vacant Oldham job.
Owners come and go but Leeds United will be there forever, for the fans - keep Marching on Together.
NottinghamWhite
LUFCTALK Admin

Post by NottinghamWhite »

Mr Russell wrote:Harry Kewell is one of the favourites for the vacant Oldham job.
Just officially announced
Winner of the Europa League
Saxon
Allan Clarke's tissue supplier

Post by Saxon »

Kewell must really love football to take the type of management jobs he has up to now. His % win rate is terrible, but who knows in the right situation he might be successful given time to bring youngsters through.
Deleted User 2747

Post by Deleted User 2747 »

Saxon wrote:Kewell must really love football to take the type of management jobs he has up to now. His % win rate is terrible, but who knows in the right situation he might be successful given time to bring youngsters through.

I saw an interview with him a year or so ago, at his last club, I think, and he said he absolutely loved being a manager, nearly more than playing, I believe.
lufctrav
George Graham's Crombie cleaner

Post by lufctrav »

He may enjoy it but i find it telling that no A-League club has seemed to show interest in having him as manager
Deleted User 2747

Post by Deleted User 2747 »

lufctrav wrote:He may enjoy it but i find it telling that no A-League club has seemed to show interest in having him as manager
All clubs need a manager, some prefer to manage in the lower leagues and I can understand why, its much more about the football there generally.
Mr Russell
LUFCTALK Moderator

Post by Mr Russell »

Frankie wrote:
lufctrav wrote:He may enjoy it but i find it telling that no A-League club has seemed to show interest in having him as manager
All clubs need a manager, some prefer to manage in the lower leagues and I can understand why, its much more about the football there generally.
Actually not strictly true my Aussie team the Newcastle Jets had Harry and Robbie Fowler apply for the then vacant job, both failed as Harry wanted more money :shh: