Coronavirus

The place to discuss anything that isn't football or LUFC
NottinghamWhite
LUFCTALK Admin

Re: Coronavirus

Post by NottinghamWhite »

I see the beaches are packed in Scarborough I’m sure it’ll be the same on the south coast as well.
Winner of the Europa League
Barlow Boy
LUFCTALK Moderator

Post by Barlow Boy »

No fans allowed in at the pilot sporting events now either :thumbdown:
When you retire, you switch bosses - from the one that hired you, to the one that married you.
Selby White
LUFCTALK Moderator

Post by Selby White »

Nipped into Tesco for some bits & bobs this morning and its clear a lot of people think when they wear a mask they don't need to social distance :crazy:
Keep your face always toward the sunshine - and shadows will fall behind you.
johnh
Bielsa's English Teacher

Post by johnh »

Selby White wrote:Nipped into Tesco for some bits & bobs this morning and its clear a lot of people think when they wear a mask they don't need to social distance :crazy:
Hope you wore a mask and gloves when posting this. :lol:
I once played against Don Revie.
Selby White
LUFCTALK Moderator

Post by Selby White »

johnh wrote:
Selby White wrote:Nipped into Tesco for some bits & bobs this morning and its clear a lot of people think when they wear a mask they don't need to social distance :crazy:
Hope you wore a mask and gloves when posting this. :lol:
As always John :thumbup:
ChilwellWhite
Howard Wilkinson's military attaché

Post by ChilwellWhite »

Preston to go into lockdown at midnight tonight.
NottinghamWhite
LUFCTALK Admin

Post by NottinghamWhite »

First proper trip out today since early March to the dentist was a bit scary if I’m honest. It was strange seeing so many people going about as normal.
Winner of the Europa League
Selby White
LUFCTALK Moderator

Post by Selby White »

Celtic & Aberdeen both having to cancel matches tonight because having to quarantine players.

A Celtic players visited Spain didn't initially tell anyone or quarantine then trained with others so the whole squad now self isolating :crazy:

8 Aberdeen players visited a Pub (again without permission) where Covid was reported, two of them tested positive all 8 now quarantined. :crazy:

Idiots and not fair on their opponents, reckon Clubs need to take responsibility and the players concerned banned for a decent length of time.
Selby White
LUFCTALK Moderator

Post by Selby White »

Went down South to see the grand child yesterday and today but we decided to push the boat out and attach a two night break on route.
Having hols cancelled this year we spotted a decent 4 star hotel deal in the Warwick area so with a bit of apprehension due to covid took the plunge (Fri & sat night).
Really enjoyed it and think the hotel did as much as possible to make things safe. Starting to belive this thing is with us a long time so can't put life on hold forever so the motto is "live but with caution".
Barlow Boy
LUFCTALK Moderator

Post by Barlow Boy »

Selby White wrote: Starting to belive this thing is with us a long time so can't put life on hold forever so the motto is "live but with caution".
Yeah, we’ve started going out again, went for a lovely pub lunch last Thursday, sat in the beer garden in the blazing sun with a pint, absolute bliss.

Also, started going back to the gym, they’ve done all they can, separated machines, provided cleaning stuff etc. You simply can’t sit in the house day after day, my 83 year old Dad has been out to the club a couple of times. You’d think it was Christmas Day every time I speak with him lately, when he’s telling me who he has seen down his local :D
When you retire, you switch bosses - from the one that hired you, to the one that married you.