Back again!

Introduce yourself here
mattant250
George Graham's Crombie cleaner

Back again!

Post by mattant250 »

Many of you won’t recognise me as I have very much taken a backseat in all things Leeds and particularly forum posting over the last 8 or so years. Many reasons really, mainly mental preservation. But some of you (I hope) will still remember me from way back when. I hope you and your families are all doing well and are still on Cloud 9 from the last few weeks, just as much as I am.

For those of you who don’t know me, I’m 27 from the West Midlands, currently living in Spain and have supported Leeds since the age of 8-9. If you do the maths, you’ll realise that my years as a Leeds fan have been pretty much characterised by the end of our rise, all of our fall and what I hope are the beginnings of our revival. I used to be a mod on a previous Leeds forum, but have calmed down in my online presence over the years. My prodigal years largely consisted of following the results of games on my phone, still a Leeds fan, but investing myself much less on an emotional level. And I think it’s safe to say that every year I identified less and less with the club as a whole. All the while, I’ve kept on coming back to read this forum. Funny that …

And then three years ago, things started to change with Radrizzani coming in, before we witnessed what I think was the most incredible revolution I have seen in football: the Bielsa revolution. And of course, a light switched back on within me. The old flame reignited. No longer was I resigned to the same old story of hope followed by crushing disappointment. It was exciting, it was different. Even before the first ball was kicked, there was an air of optimism. The rest, as they say, is history…

The past three weeks have been surreal. Although I’ve always said that no team deserves to be somewhere they’re not - you are where you deserve to be - it does feel like we’ve found our way back to where we belong. I’ve watched more Leeds-related stuff on YouTube over the past month than I think I have in 18 years, I watched ‘Bring Us Home’ on Amazon Prime (if you haven’t seen it, I’d strongly recommend it) and my iTunes has barely played anything other than my Leeds United playlist. I’ve been in delirium. One other little project that I’ve been doing the past few weeks has been creating a poster of all our badges, which is the main reason for posting here today. I’m happy with how it’s turned out and if anybody would like to use it, as a wallpaper, as a printed poster, whatever, here it is for you. I hope you like it.
POSTER
(And if there is any historian out there who can correct me on any date I have wrong, feel free to do so. The information I found online was not too consistent).

I don’t envisage myself returning to post massive amounts next season, but I will continue reading many of the posts with interest, and hopefully will get involved on occasion as well.

Stay safe, everyone. MOT!
Matt
MARCHING ON TOGETHER
Deebo
LUFCTALK Admin

Re: Back again!

Post by Deebo »

G'day Matt, Welcome back! I remember you :)

Yeah, I hear you, its been a tough old slog being a Leeds supporter, especially in some of the dark Cellino and Bates years.

Hope to see more posts, and thanks for the poster, great work!
Mr Russell
LUFCTALK Moderator

Post by Mr Russell »

Yes i remember you, looks like you were around when i joined. A welcome return and don't be a stranger. Nice poster as well :thumbup:

Hopefully this will be a new start/beginning in our history.
Owners come and go but Leeds United will be there forever, for the fans - keep Marching on Together.
ChilwellWhite
Howard Wilkinson's military attaché

Post by ChilwellWhite »

Hello :wave:
NottinghamWhite
LUFCTALK Admin

Post by NottinghamWhite »

Yes I remember you weren’t you a Mod on the Fan Club ? Are you working in Spain ? Anyway Leeds United in the Premiership
Winner of the Europa League
Davycc
LUFCTALK Moderator

Post by Davycc »

Welcome back I think you may have still just been around when I joined the name it’s familiar. Stick around
All at Amazon Books

The Funny Corner
When Santa Got Stuck Up The Chimney
The Thrones Murders
28August1968
Giddy Kipper

Post by 28August1968 »

I remember you. I even met you once by Billy's statue.
Saxon
Allan Clarke's tissue supplier

Post by Saxon »

Welcome back Matt, I also remember you from the old Leeds fans online site. :wave:
Deleted User 728

Post by Deleted User 728 »

Hey Matt.

So you're a glory hunter these days are you ??

:D
johnh
Bielsa's English Teacher

Post by johnh »

Welcome back. Sorry, don't remember you though. Still, I usually can't remember what I had for breakfast.
I once played against Don Revie.