2020-21 Transfer Rumours and Squad Discussions

Leeds United news here, transfer rumours, club affairs, players, fans, etc.
Specific match discussions should go in the category below.
blackbox2342
Jimmy Armfield's cardigan knitter

Re: 2020-21 Transfer Rumours and Squad Discussions

Post by blackbox2342 »

HalifaxWhite wrote:
Barlow Boy wrote:Joe Gelhardt now confirmed........

https://www.leedsunited.com/news/team-n ... e-gelhardt
He looks a big unit on his signing picture
Lots of potential with this one and the reported fee of £1million could turn out to be a snip!
etrangier
Neil Redfearn's diversity coach

Post by etrangier »

¿Does somebody has seen or remember Gelhardt playing? Honestly, I don't. ¿Will be up to first squad, or it's a development project for U-23?

Actually, Leeds is the youngest team in Premier
blackbox2342

Post by blackbox2342 »

Supposedly Fabrizio Romano, sports journalist had tweeted to say a deal for a White had been reached but has since removed the tweet. Whether there is any truth, no idea. Stating 33million euro and four year deal.
Selby White
LUFCTALK Moderator

Post by Selby White »

etrangier wrote:¿Does somebody has seen or remember Gelhardt playing? Honestly, I don't. ¿Will be up to first squad, or it's a development project for U-23?

Doubt any of us have seen him play as he didn't feature against Leeds in either game.
Think he was only breaking into the Wigan team last season, only 19 appearances and most of them as a late sub.
Done well at youth level and the fact other clubs were in for him suggests big future is ahead.
Keep your face always toward the sunshine - and shadows will fall behind you.
Leicester White
Simon Grayson's Hairdresser

Post by Leicester White »

I'm thinking White plus one who is ready now to improve our 1st team and we will do a Wolves/Blades and finish top half - 5-2 odds.

BB, what are you thinking for your big bet for this season?
Leonickroberts

Post by Leonickroberts »

Also Charlie Allen confirmed.

https://www.leedsunited.com/news/academ ... eds-united

These two lads both look pretty physically imposing for a pair of teenagers don't they. Really hoping they're both able to push straight into the first team after an aggressive couple of months of Bielsa training.
'When he plays on snow, he doesn't leave any footprints’
Barlow Boy
LUFCTALK Moderator

Post by Barlow Boy »

Leicester White wrote: BB, what are you thinking for your big bet for this season?
I’ve just started looking round to be honest mate, all the bookies are starting to put odds up.

I was looking for a straight forward us to stay up bet, expecting 4/7 or something like that, but it’s arond 1/5 so that’s not going to happen.

I then looked at the Top Half bet, but when you factor in the top 6, plus say Leicester, Everton, you’re down to around 3 places and at around 5/2 the odds are prohibitive really.

So, in a nutshell, I’m either down to a straight match bet between us and another club, or a ‘request-a-bet’ for us to get a certain number of points.

Are you doing something yourself ?
When you retire, you switch bosses - from the one that hired you, to the one that married you.
TezzaWazzaBazza

Post by TezzaWazzaBazza »

Selby White wrote:
etrangier wrote:¿Does somebody has seen or remember Gelhardt playing? Honestly, I don't. ¿Will be up to first squad, or it's a development project for U-23?

Doubt any of us have seen him play as he didn't feature against Leeds in either game.
Think he was only breaking into the Wigan team last season, only 19 appearances and most of them as a late sub.
Done well at youth level and the fact other clubs were in for him suggests big future is ahead.
He's banged goals in at different youth levels for England. He looks an exciting prospect.
HalifaxWhite
David O'Leary's baby-sitter

Post by HalifaxWhite »

So I thinking now that the Allen signing is the Pablo replacement box ticked. Reason being he plays mid or attack so will have a good balance in CAM. Also he is very young, it is not likely we will play with two in CM and one in CAM in our first season back very often (more of a late match sub like towards the end of this season) we will probs have KP, Klich and another in CM to keep it solid.

That gives Allen an extra year to develop with help from Pablo I think whilst making the cup games and odd league sub appearance.

Gelhart is backup/future CF, meaning we are still looking for a first choice competition for PB, someone like Edouard or David. As discussed already CB cover sorted by having Ayling cover and Struijk,

so just need our starting CB hopefully White and need a LB still

I think all in all we might see 3 more signings, White, LB, CF.

At a push maybe another keeper and winger backup.

I'd be pretty happy with the extra 3 and delighted with the 5.
Polkadot
Eddie Gray's leftorium proprietor

Post by Polkadot »

I suspect Allen and Gelhart will mostly play for U23s the coming season, perhaps a few matches on the bench but I would be very surprised if they get to play many minutes in PL the next season.