2020-21 Transfer Rumours and Squad Discussions

Leeds United news here, transfer rumours, club affairs, players, fans, etc.
Specific match discussions should go in the category below.
twalkden
Neil Redfearn's diversity coach

Re: 2020-21 Transfer Rumours and Squad Discussions

Post by twalkden »

blackbox2342 wrote:Reports saying Rodrigo De Paul.has turned us down in favour of Juventus. If true wonder where we will look next?
Latest tweet from Phil Hay on RDP...

https://twitter.com/PhilHay_/status/1301411666333233152

Quote below...

"Transfer wise, Leeds' interest in Rodrigo De Paul remains serious. Financially they can do it and De Paul is keen to go to a club where he'll be a main player. Leeds still have eyes on CB options if Bielsa decides he wants another. #lufc"

In one of the comments someone asks the question about Juventus, and replies saying the link with Juventus has been there for some time and would be serious competition if they come in for him. But saying that, if he wants to go somewhere where he'll be the main player then that surely is not Juventus given the talent they have there.

Edit: I've also just come across this on my daily trawl through transfer gossip, I've not been on this website before so I've no idea on the validity of the report...

https://www.leedsallover.com/report-lee ... es-closer/
White Knight
Jimmy Armfield's cardigan knitter

Post by White Knight »

Rumour has it that Juventus are not interested in him and that they are focused on putting a deal together to buy Suarez from Barcelona at the moment.

Also De Paul would not be guaranteed the no.10 position with them. He would be second fiddle to Paulo Dybala, a fellow Argentinian. That may be a key factor on how Leeds looks to him, hopefully.
Barlow Boy
LUFCTALK Moderator

Post by Barlow Boy »

All eyes on SKY Sports tonight, as our new signing Koch takes on another new signing Rodrigo.

Please don’t injure each other lads :roll:
When you retire, you switch bosses - from the one that hired you, to the one that married you.
TezzaWazzaBazza
Jimmy Armfield's cardigan knitter

Post by TezzaWazzaBazza »

There is no indication Juventus want de Paul. Wait and see is all we can do.

Rico Henry - if Leeds want him, they'll be in for him.
Deleted User 10260

Post by Deleted User 10260 »

Doubt very much that we are in for Henry if the rumours about the Croatian lad from Zagreb are true.
saihtam
Brian McDermott's optician

Post by saihtam »

I think Victor has had immense benefits from being next to Bielsa. To learn and see how he does things and then apply them into his work are elevating him into top DOF.
Aqua-
Simon Grayson's Hairdresser

Post by Aqua- »

saihtam wrote:I think Victor has had immense benefits from being next to Bielsa. To learn and see how he does things and then apply them into his work are elevating him into top DOF.
Only after watching "take us home leeds united" i came to realize the staff has very good connection and communication.
I am 100% sure VO is the middle man and conductor in the signing department -
On the professional side he is in constant talks with MB about what is needed, looking for certain profile, etc and bielsa has the final word whether the player should be persuade.
On the business side he is in constant talks with radz understanding the financial limits, possible deals regarding add-ons, future buy clauses etc... While explaining to MB the financial situation.

In my eyes this is the difference between VO in the last 2 seasons and VO in his first with various managers - back then we had no plan
HalifaxWhite
David O'Leary's baby-sitter

Post by HalifaxWhite »

Terrible waste if a great chance by Rodrigo just now. I hope this is not what we are getting
HalifaxWhite
David O'Leary's baby-sitter

Post by HalifaxWhite »

I am being sarcastic of course, anyone can miss a chance. Just do hope he is more clinical than PB.
Tedbaker
Brian McDermott's optician

Post by Tedbaker »

He’s sort of a PB, but his movement is probably better. He is good at finding space. I don’t think he’s a goal scorer.