Another White from Argentina

Introduce yourself here
leedsarg
Terry Venables's car dealer

Another White from Argentina

Post by leedsarg »

Hi everyone,

At this point there is no surprise in having fans in Argentina :mrgreen: My name is Antonio, from Buenos Aires (Argentina) and my English team is Leeds United.

My sympathy for Leeds Utd started when I played a computer game named Football Manager 2001 (in which I had great spell at Elland Road, by the way) - sounds silly but because of that I started reading a lot about Leeds United, their great history, their wonderful fans, and from time to time I saw myself checking the game results on the internet. I didn't take very well the relegation back then. I was always hoping that such a great club should get back quickly. Now, obviously I have started watching the games again ever since Bielsa took over (and Championship games started to be broadcasted in Argentina and having way more viewers than EPL games at that point!). Got really sad about losing the play-offs last year, and saw myself roaring 'GOOALL' (like I would do every time my team in Argentina scores a goal) on last season, especially during the last games (I watched almost every single game). That is when I knew that undoubtedly, my team in England is Leeds United.

Next time I visit England, Leeds & Elland Road will be a must.

I am happy for all of you who got to see Leeds Utd back in the Prem, saw the celebrations and it was great. Hope to see you guys packing Elland Road as you always do (when it's allowed again), and make the away team fear us. I will be supporting LUFC from abroad but will definitely be one of you. See you at Elland Road somewhere next year probably! :wave:

(please try to ignore my mistakes while writing in English)
Selby White
LUFCTALK Moderator

Re: Another White from Argentina

Post by Selby White »

Welcome :wave:
Keep your face always toward the sunshine - and shadows will fall behind you.
Barlow Boy
LUFCTALK Moderator

Post by Barlow Boy »

Welcome to the forum mate, and your English is just fine :thumbup:
When you retire, you switch bosses - from the one that hired you, to the one that married you.
Davycc
LUFCTALK Moderator

Post by Davycc »

Hi, welcome to the forum, it's always great to have new members from around the world. The English is very good so do not apologise. Why not add yourself to our members map, theres a few others in Argentina. https://www.zeemaps.com/map?group=2609445
All at Amazon Books

The Funny Corner
When Santa Got Stuck Up The Chimney
The Thrones Murders
leedsarg
Terry Venables's car dealer

Post by leedsarg »

Thank you all for the welcome!
Davycc wrote:Hi, welcome to the forum, it's always great to have new members from around the world. The English is very good so do not apologise. Why not add yourself to our members map, theres a few others in Argentina. https://www.zeemaps.com/map?group=2609445
Thanks! I've added myself to the map. Glad to see we have now 5 LUFC Talk members in Argentina! :thumbup:
Deleted User 728

Post by Deleted User 728 »

Hello and welcome.
Your English is excellent :)
Saxon
Allan Clarke's tissue supplier

Post by Saxon »

Welcome Antonio.
Which club team in Argentina do you support?
I hope I don't offend you,....... my favourite team in Argentina is River Plate.
NottinghamWhite
LUFCTALK Admin

Post by NottinghamWhite »

Welcome to the forum :thumbup:
Winner of the Europa League
ChilwellWhite
Howard Wilkinson's military attaché

Post by ChilwellWhite »

Hello :wave:
Mr Russell
LUFCTALK Moderator

Post by Mr Russell »

Welcome!
Owners come and go but Leeds United will be there forever, for the fans - keep Marching on Together.