Take Us Home: Leeds United

Leeds United news here, transfer rumours, club affairs, players, fans, etc.
Specific match discussions should go in the category below.
Another Northern Soul
LUFCTALK Moderator

Re: Take Us Home: Leeds United

Post by Another Northern Soul »

isrodger wrote:
Selby White wrote:
isrodger wrote:Further to watching take us home which was poor, just watched Do you want to win - which I thought was much better. It’s worthy of note how successful we were having 2 solid centre backs and putting crosses in for 4 in the box... maybe bielsa should watch it!
Great times I agree but -

2 solid centre backs?
We conceded more winning the 2nd tear in 1990 (Wilkos 2nd) than we did last season.
Early signs this season is that we have improved further, the current rate is significantly better, promising I would say.
Actually your probably right about the centre backs was thinking more of when whyte came along. That said fairclough was absolutely class in Div 2 and actually haddock who had been garbage briefly looked decent.

Regardless I feel the major difference is not only did we have the best manager in the division we had the best team of players, with 5 or so being top half of Div 1 quality. We were head and shoulders he best side in the division. Whilst we may have the best manager and team, I don’t think our playing staff man for man is possibly as good as the likes of Fulham and WBA. Added to that this side might not have the same mental fortitude and Wilko was more pragmatic - he was prepared to win ugly, we could mix it with the best.

We will see this side is certainly a joy to watch, I just set pieces will be ur downfall, as highlighted with the goals against Forest & Swansea.
Peter Haddock was NEVER garbage! 8-)
isrodger
Howard Wilkinson's military attaché

Post by isrodger »

Another Northern Soul wrote:
isrodger wrote:
Selby White wrote:
isrodger wrote:Further to watching take us home which was poor, just watched Do you want to win - which I thought was much better. It’s worthy of note how successful we were having 2 solid centre backs and putting crosses in for 4 in the box... maybe bielsa should watch it!

2 solid centre backs?
We conceded more winning the 2nd tear in 1990 (Wilkos 2nd) than we did last season.
Early signs this season is that we have improved further, the current rate is significantly better, promising I would say.
Actually your probably right about the centre backs was thinking more of when whyte came along. That said fairclough was absolutely class in Div 2 and actually haddock who had been garbage briefly looked decent.

Regardless I feel the major difference is not only did we have the best manager in the division we had the best team of players, with 5 or so being top half of Div 1 quality. We were head and shoulders he best side in the division. Whilst we may have the best manager and team, I don’t think our playing staff man for man is possibly as good as the likes of Fulham and WBA. Added to that this side might not have the same mental fortitude and Wilko was more pragmatic - he was prepared to win ugly, we could mix it with the best.

We will see this side is certainly a joy to watch, I just set pieces will be ur downfall, as highlighted with the goals against Forest & Swansea.
What Billy the fish quality, next you will be telling me jasper (Kevin Hird) should have played for England :lolno: :D

In fairness from memory he had a period prior to injury where he came on leaps and bounds.
Another Northern Soul
LUFCTALK Moderator

Post by Another Northern Soul »

isrodger wrote:
Another Northern Soul wrote:
isrodger wrote:
Selby White wrote:

2 solid centre backs?

What Billy the fish quality, next you will be telling me jasper (Kevin Hird) should have played for England :lolno: :D

In fairness from memory he had a period prior to injury where he came on leaps and bounds.
LUSC Player of the Year (1988 I think) hardly suggests he was garbage. Billy Bremner rated him highly enough and Wilko too ;)
MOT1964
Dick Ray's Talent Spotter

Post by MOT1964 »

Phil Hay
@PhilHay_

Amazon’s cameras back in ER tonight

Phil Hay
@PhilHay_

there was a point earlier in the season where it didn’t look like it was happening. But they’re back on the scene
MOT1964

Post by MOT1964 »

Phil Hay
@PhilHay_

Thursday is the release date for series two of Amazon's Take Us Home: Leeds United. Two 45-minute episodes in this series, covering the 2019-20 season. #lufc
Otherworld
Billy Bremner's barbed-wire salesman

Post by Otherworld »

Looking forward to it.

Still can't bring myself to watch the last 2 episodes of the last series...
Leonickroberts
Jimmy Armfield's cardigan knitter

Post by Leonickroberts »

Otherworld wrote:Looking forward to it.

Still can't bring myself to watch the last 2 episodes of the last series...
I know - I couldn't do it then and I don't plan on doing it now, especially since I can spend 90 minutes watching the best of promotion.
'When he plays on snow, he doesn't leave any footprints’
judy
Allan Clarke's tissue supplier

Post by judy »

Do you need to pay for Amazon Prime to watch these documentaries? I haven’t seen the 18/19 season as I don’t have Amazon Prime.
Nic

Post by Nic »

judy wrote:Do you need to pay for Amazon Prime to watch these documentaries? I haven’t seen the 18/19 season as I don’t have Amazon Prime.
You can set up for a trial, remember to cancel though.
Metro1962
Simon Grayson's Hairdresser

Post by Metro1962 »

judy wrote:Do you need to pay for Amazon Prime to watch these documentaries? I haven’t seen the 18/19 season as I don’t have Amazon Prime.
The 1st series of 6 eps are available on YouTube but sound a picture quality is a bit rubbish.:-( :thumbdown:

However you can watch the whole f1st series on dailymotion.com. :thumbup: