Derbys obsession with us

Leeds United news here, transfer rumours, club affairs, players, fans, etc.
Specific match discussions should go in the category below.
mshnd06
Neil Redfearn's diversity coach

Re: Derbys obsession with us

Post by mshnd06 »

NottinghamWhite wrote:Maybe someone should remind them that in 2007-2008 they racked up just 11 points & a goal difference of -69 in the Premiership. They only had 1 win against Newcastle ( they also drew against them giving them 36% of their total points ) After 3 games we’re already more than 50% of achieving their number of points.
Oh they're aware. They wear it as a self-deprecating badge of honour. Half the posts on the thread are concerned with retaining their records from '07-'08
Aqua-
Simon Grayson's Hairdresser

Post by Aqua- »

NottinghamWhite wrote:Maybe someone should remind them that in 2007-2008 they racked up just 11 points & a goal difference of -69 in the Premiership. They only had 1 win against Newcastle ( they also drew against them giving them 36% of their total points ) After 3 games we’re already more than 50% of achieving their number of points.
The 36% thing made my chuckle :lol:
I actually read some posts and some are just talking nonsense:

* A guy said he doesn't get the hype around us as we are going to end this season as the last two - personally ill take any of the top 3 positions in PL

* Another guy said we were saved last season by covid-19 break as we had a "pear shaped season" to which another replied that we had very good form right before the break, it was actually when we got back on track that the break has happened.

I think i looked at the table today and saw derby are 0/9 points thus far in the league. They need to blow off steam, let them have it
lufctrav
George Graham's Crombie cleaner

Post by lufctrav »

There are plenty of (i assume younger) Leeds fans who fuel the fire. After promotion last season they seemed to focus more on Derby's failure than Leeds's success after them knocking Leeds out the year before. The same fans who seem to focus energy towards Brentford and Brighton too. It's cringeworthy to read.
Personally i couldn't give a toss about Derby, even when they are in the same division.
ChilwellWhite
Howard Wilkinson's military attaché

Post by ChilwellWhite »

I’ve never understood this so called rivalry with Derby I personally have never accepted them as a rival. Scum, Chelsea and Liverpool are the only teams I think of as rivals. Teams like Derby, Huddersfield and Millwall are like pesky flies that need swatting occasionally. One of the reasons I’m glad we are back in the Premiership is that we don’t have these faux rivalries just the real thing. Derby are lucky they haven’t been penalised given all the alleged dodgy dealings that have gone on. They showed their colours last season after the crash which involved players and how quickly they tried to cover it up and turned their club captain into a sacrificial lamb. Unless we are relegated we won’t be playing the Rams anytime soon in my humble anyway.
Westminster
Brian McDermott's optician

Post by Westminster »

Hmmm. The Derby thing could be seen as a revival of an old rivalry though rather than a new one.

I remember as a kid, Leeds v Derby was a big game, I'm talking about in the Revie-Clough era. It was a fixture that always seemed to have a bit of an edge to it. We usually got the better of them head-to-head but easy to forget that Derby were a really good side and won the title twice in the 70s.

Then, of course, there was that (in)famous punch-up between Norman Hunter and Franny Lee at the Baseball Ground around that time :P

I suppose what I'm saying is that bad blood between Derby and Leeds goes bad quite some time. It's not just the last few years.
Deleted User 2747

Post by Deleted User 2747 »

DominanceUK wrote:
rigger wrote:
BrighouseWhite wrote:
Frankie wrote:Darren Gough??

Scum supporter - Say no more...
I thought he supported Spurs from what I've heard on Talksport
He does. He's gone on record as being both a Barnsley (his home town) and a Spurs fan.
I've met him before, Barnsley is his number 1 club.
My mistake then.
PhoenixUnited
Dick Ray's Talent Spotter

Post by PhoenixUnited »

Westminster wrote:Hmmm. The Derby thing could be seen as a revival of an old rivalry though rather than a new one.

I remember as a kid, Leeds v Derby was a big game, I'm talking about in the Revie-Clough era. It was a fixture that always seemed to have a bit of an edge to it. We usually got the better of them head-to-head but easy to forget that Derby were a really good side and won the title twice in the 70s.

Then, of course, there was that (in)famous punch-up between Norman Hunter and Franny Lee at the Baseball Ground around that time :P

I suppose what I'm saying is that bad blood between Derby and Leeds goes bad quite some time. It's not just the last few years.
It goes back to the gobby Brian Clough days who apparently felt slighted by Don Revie and began sniping at Leeds United at every opportunity and later ridiculously became our manager for a thankfully short spell. He never gave up having a go and the Rumps fans have followed suit ever since. Beating them is always thus that much sweeter :P
Keep The Faith / WAL
psquithy
Brian McDermott's optician

Post by psquithy »

Wasn't this dangerous attack on Adrian committed by Derby County?

https://gfycat.com/dependentrepulsivecricket
NottinghamWhite
LUFCTALK Admin

Post by NottinghamWhite »

psquithy wrote:Wasn't this dangerous attack on Adrian committed by Derby County?

https://gfycat.com/dependentrepulsivecricket
Career ending foul that :lol:
Winner of the Europa League
ChilwellWhite
Howard Wilkinson's military attaché

Post by ChilwellWhite »

Whatever happened to Adrian ?