Injuries

Leeds United news here, transfer rumours, club affairs, players, fans, etc.
Specific match discussions should go in the category below.
NottinghamWhite
LUFCTALK Admin

Injuries

Post by NottinghamWhite »

Do we have any time scales on the current injuries to Phillips, Cooper & Llorente ?
Winner of the Europa League
Selby White
LUFCTALK Moderator

Re: Injuries

Post by Selby White »

Phillips they predicated 6 weeks out but I read one report that he is doing well so maybe 4 to 5 weeks. Think Arsenal match was mentioned.

Llorente was supposed to be 2 weeks ish. But will still need to get up to Bielsa speed. Thought it was a possibility of seeing him in U23's today but not happened.

Coops had a relapse in warm up before Wolves game so could be anything.
Keep your face always toward the sunshine - and shadows will fall behind you.
Barlow Boy
LUFCTALK Moderator

Post by Barlow Boy »

Obviously, click on the various teams for injury updates....

https://www.premierinjuries.com/injury-table.php
When you retire, you switch bosses - from the one that hired you, to the one that married you.
johnh
Bielsa's English Teacher

Post by johnh »

I've got a sore knee.
I once played against Don Revie.
ChilwellWhite
Howard Wilkinson's military attaché

Post by ChilwellWhite »

Barlow Boy wrote:Obviously, click on the various teams for injury updates....

Thanks that’s a helpful link. Reading it I was promoted to remember Adam Forshaw is still a player with us, I’d honestly forgotten about him. How longs he been out ?
Barlow Boy
LUFCTALK Moderator

Post by Barlow Boy »

ChilwellWhite wrote:
Barlow Boy wrote:Obviously, click on the various teams for injury updates....

Thanks that’s a helpful link. Reading it I was promoted to remember Adam Forshaw is still a player with us, I’d honestly forgotten about him. How longs he been out ?
No worries :thumbup:, I tend to use it on the opposition during the week building up to a game.

As for Forshaw, god knows how long it’s been now, seems like an eternity.
When you retire, you switch bosses - from the one that hired you, to the one that married you.
NottinghamWhite
LUFCTALK Admin

Post by NottinghamWhite »

Diego Llorente was he a mistake in signing him ? Another sick note or unlucky ?
Winner of the Europa League
Selby White
LUFCTALK Moderator

Post by Selby White »

NottinghamWhite wrote:Diego Llorente was he a mistake in signing him ? Another sick note or unlucky ?
Too early to call it a mistake not sure he has a history of injury and I believe he's back in training just not match day fit (we know MB's rules on that one).
Read that last week and to be honest until todays announcement was half expecting him on the bench.

If I recall correctly he got injured on International duty can't plan for that.
Selby White
LUFCTALK Moderator

Post by Selby White »

Here are the latest updates -

Pablo Hernandez
Hernandez has endured a stop-start campaign back in the top flight with Leeds. An injury in the warm-up of this season's first home game against Fulham sidelined him early on and he was dropped for the defeat to Crystal Palace before the international break.
The Spaniard picked up a muscular injury in the days leading to the Arsenal clash, but Bielsa was quick to downplay the severity of it.
"We add Pablo to the injury list as he picked up a muscular injury during this week," he said prior to the Arsenal match. "Nothing serious, but he won’t be able to play this weekend."

Hernandez has now also been ruled out of the Everton match.

Diego Llorente
Diego Llorente is yet to make his Leeds United debut, with a groin injury picked up in the October international break sidelining him. Bielsa revealed last week that Llorente had suffered a setback in training, but is now on the way back.
What happened with Llorente was that he was injured, he recovered and on the training session that he started training again he had a relapse. He is now cured, but because of the relapse he is being given extra time to fully get back just to be sure."

By the sounds of it, Llorente is not too far from being named in a matchday squad once again.

Jamie Shackleton
Midfielder Jamie Shackleton has also been on the treatment table after picking up a muscular injury prior to the Palace defeat.

Bielsa confirmed on Thursday he remains sidelined for the Everton trip.