The blahblah of the forum

The place to discuss anything that isn't football or LUFC
Barlow Boy
LUFCTALK Moderator

Re: The blabla of the forum

Post by Barlow Boy »

Selby White wrote:
Wigan White wrote:
Selby White wrote:I was listening to Hot Chocolate earlier and currently its The Osmonds which I admit is a much better album than I expected :shock:
Question is would you be a Hot Chocolate Sexy Thing, or Osmond Crazy Horse? ;)
Probably both depending on who you ask :lol:

Will pass on the best wishes gents :thumbup:

Been for our lunch, couldn't get a table at a newish Cafe we had planned to go to so ended up in a village pub.
Stilton Burger & a pint was very nice :D
Which pub as a matter of interest SW ?
When you retire, you switch bosses - from the one that hired you, to the one that married you.
Selby White
LUFCTALK Moderator

Post by Selby White »

Barlow Boy wrote:
Selby White wrote:
Wigan White wrote:
Selby White wrote:I was listening to Hot Chocolate earlier and currently its The Osmonds which I admit is a much better album than I expected :shock:

Been for our lunch, couldn't get a table at a newish Cafe we had planned to go to so ended up in a village pub.
Blacksmiths Arms in Naburn.

Was going to Millers Tea Room which is just off the A19 at Hollicars (on the right just after Riccall), its only been open a couple of months and we've stopped for coffee a couple of times and the food looks tremendous (its also licensed). Got there and it was packed, could have sat in the outside area but wasn't the weather for it, lovely on the right day.
So then decided to go to York Marina but same thing packed out hence ended in the Blacksmiths Arms, couldn't fault the food though :thumbup:
Keep your face always toward the sunshine - and shadows will fall behind you.
Barlow Boy
LUFCTALK Moderator

Post by Barlow Boy »

Selby White wrote:
Barlow Boy wrote:
Selby White wrote:
Wigan White wrote:

Was going to Millers Tea Room which is just off the A19 at Hollicars (on the right just after Riccall), its only been open a couple of months and we've stopped for coffee a couple of times and the food looks tremendous (its also licensed). Got there and it was packed, could have sat in the outside area but wasn't the weather for it, lovely on the right day.
So then decided to go to York Marina but same thing packed out hence ended in the Blacksmiths Arms, couldn't fault the food though :thumbup:
Cheers :thumbup: I’ll log those on our ‘pubs to do list’
When you retire, you switch bosses - from the one that hired you, to the one that married you.
Selby White
LUFCTALK Moderator

Post by Selby White »

Barlow Boy wrote:
Selby White wrote:
Barlow Boy wrote:
Selby White wrote:
Wigan White wrote:

Cheers :thumbup: I’ll log those on our ‘pubs to do list’
A bit about Millers outside would be ok for the dog, lots of walking areas -
https://www.yorkmix.com/new-cafe-and-te ... o-tourism/

And Blacksmiths -
https://blacksmithsarmsnaburn.com/
johnh
Bielsa's English Teacher

Post by johnh »

Had a quiet day yesterday, didn't do anything strenuous. Last night, woken about 2.00 a.m. with a terrible pain in my right hand and wrist which kept me awake for the rest of the night. Today, can't do anything with my right hand, very painful. Slight swelling on the wrist but no other signs, bruises etc., Puzzled as to why it came on so quickly eg arthritis tends to happen over time. Had some tablets left from when I had my knee trouble, (which they sorted). Just hope they work for wrists too! :shock:
I once played against Don Revie.
Selby White
LUFCTALK Moderator

Post by Selby White »

johnh wrote:Had a quiet day yesterday, didn't do anything strenuous. Last night, woken about 2.00 a.m. with a terrible pain in my right hand and wrist which kept me awake for the rest of the night. Today, can't do anything with my right hand, very painful. Slight swelling on the wrist but no other signs, bruises etc., Puzzled as to why it came on so quickly eg arthritis tends to happen over time. Had some tablets left from when I had my knee trouble, (which they sorted). Just hope they work for wrists too! :shock:
Wrists can be funny things John if it gets worse go to casualty and get an x-ray.
Otherwise one of those strong strappings that stop you moving it.
NottinghamWhite
LUFCTALK Admin

Post by NottinghamWhite »

Today’s stinker in the Telegraph crossword :-

Puzzle ( 5 letters ) R***S

I have the answer but it’s a new word for me.
Winner of the Europa League
Deleted User 728

Post by Deleted User 728 »

"Puzzle" is the only clue ?

:think:
Deleted User 728

Post by Deleted User 728 »

For some reason I thought "Rebus" because it's the word that came into my head after "rhombus" and I only thought of that because it ends in an ess. I should probably have thought of four-letter plurals, but that's how it happened. I then wondered if the detective character Rebus' name was a play on words. I'm not even sure the character is a detective or a policeman or anything, but I've got the idea that he's a grumpy, middle-aged Scotsman .. I've never seen the show, but you kind of absorb information like this when the TV is on in the house, don't you ?

I then googled the word and found out it was a good guess.
Or hunch.
Maybe I could be a detective too. I'm grumpy and middle-aged after all ..
NottinghamWhite
LUFCTALK Admin

Post by NottinghamWhite »

It threw me I must admit don’t know whether Ian Rankin called his detective Rebus deliberately I’m pretty sure he did. Learn something every day.
Winner of the Europa League