Worth watching on telly

The place to discuss anything that isn't football or LUFC
NottinghamWhite
LUFCTALK Admin

Re: Worth watching on telly

Post by NottinghamWhite »

LAsouthcoast wrote:
NottinghamWhite wrote:Just watched the first episode of Peaky Blinders, probably the last person on here to watch it.
What did you think NW?
It’s alright it’s watchable plenty of twists. Anyway now back on The Crown, series three episode ten.
Winner of the Europa League
Mr Russell
LUFCTALK Moderator

Post by Mr Russell »

Barlow Boy wrote:
Wigan White wrote:
Davycc wrote:
NottinghamWhite wrote:Just watched the first episode of Peaky Blinders, probably the last person on here to watch it.
No you're not :D
I've not watched it either.
Me neither.
put me on the list as well :wave:
Owners come and go but Leeds United will be there forever, for the fans - keep Marching on Together.
Selby White
LUFCTALK Moderator

Post by Selby White »

Mr Russell wrote:
Barlow Boy wrote:
Wigan White wrote:
Davycc wrote:
No you're not :D
I've not watched it either.
Me neither.
put me on the list as well :wave:
It's also a no from me :D
Keep your face always toward the sunshine - and shadows will fall behind you.
NottinghamWhite
LUFCTALK Admin

Trying another mini series The English Game.
NottinghamWhite
LUFCTALK Admin

NottinghamWhite wrote:Trying another mini series The English Game.

We ended up watching all 6 episodes & really enjoyed it. Recommend if anyone’s interested
psquithy
Brian McDermott's optician

Post by psquithy »

I just watched the film "Otway - The Movie" on London Live and really enjoyed it. As in John Otway and Wild Willy Barret - Really Free.

There is so much more to him than that, quite down to earth in a crazyish sort of way but an interesting insight into the music business.
The Squirrel
Simon Grayson's Hairdresser

Post by The Squirrel »

If you like history and swords, try "Vikings" on Amazon Prime or "The LAst Kingdom" on Netflix. Vikings is the better of the two, if you've read the Saxon Stories by Bernard Cornwell, consider the LAst Kingdom a seperate story, because it doesn't follow the books that well.

Sci Fi people, check out "The Expanse", also on Prime. Set a couple of hundred years in the future, evolves from a space detective show to Star Trek, very well characterised.

Also a Netflix effort, "The Ripper," documentary about the hunt for Peter Sutcliffe. Excellent incite into the police investigation, with interviews from officers involved and women who escaped him.
In a similar vein "Don't **** With Cats" also Netflix details the hunt for a killer who starts off posting videos of him killing cats.

"Roman Empire" dramatized history of three Roman Emperors, Caesar, Caligula and Commodus.

If you like the old Police dramas, check out "Luther" "The Fall" "Line of Duty." The former is more drama based, while the latter are Police Procedurals. Also, "Bodyguard" is worth checking out, about an ex-soldier struggling with PTSD working as bodyguard to the Home Secretary.

"Afterlife" is well worth a watch. Do not binge watch as its too heavy. Drama about a man who has lost his wife, with typical Ricky Gervaise comedy elements.

And, I'm not ashamed to say it "Lucifer" is a lot of fun, about the Devil getting bored in Hell and moving to LA. comedy drama with some heavier stuff thrown in.
ChilwellWhite
Howard Wilkinson's military attaché

Post by ChilwellWhite »

Our daughters recommended This Is Us to my wife, I’ve watched the first episode and it really isn’t my thing at all. Apparently there’s 90 episodes, ones enough for me.
Deleted User 728

Post by Deleted User 728 »

We finished the first season of this at the weekend :

It's a Japanese show that mixes fantasy, sci-fi, thriller and gaming with touches of humour.
Three friends unwittingly go through a portal in downtown Tokyo to emerge on the streets to find they're alone, like the whole place is a ghost town. Eventually, after a series of events, they end up walking through some kind of electronic trip-wire-wall and find they're in a game. A real life game, like a video game, but actually live ..
They have to solve puzzles to survive and the first game involves playing together as a team, with the added ingredient of a woman none of them have ever met before who also happens to have stumbled in there.
As the series unfolds, they find there are people about but not many and they're all involved in the games as to win allows you more time in the city - a visa with a number of days on it - but if you lose, you are eliminated .. for good.

It's really unique and perfect for anyone into sci-fi, video games and fantasy : ie, me :D
Saxon
Allan Clarke's tissue supplier

Post by Saxon »

President Biden Inauguration concert from Washington DC.