No votes

Total votes: 20

psquithy
Brian McDermott's optician

Re: How many children

Post by psquithy »

NottinghamWhite wrote:
kk_white wrote:
Lovely ages a pigeon pair as they used to say ;)
Never heard that expression.
In case you’ve never heard of a pigeon pair before, it’s used to describe a family that has just 2 children: either a boy and girl as ‘singles’, or twins that are a boy and girl.
There is a pub near us that used to be called the Pigeon Pair - that is the only time I recall ever hearing the expression before today.
Westminster
Brian McDermott's optician

Post by Westminster »

I have three children.

One son, who's ten, and two daughters - one twenty-six, the other ten.
ChilwellWhite
Howard Wilkinson's military attaché

Post by ChilwellWhite »

I have 2 girls, both married.
Selby White
LUFCTALK Moderator

Post by Selby White »

None for me but one Grand Child :crazy:

Complicated not really Cathy has a son (early 30's) from her previous marriage so although now happily part of each others family too old to describe as son. However recently young Henry has been born and I'm now grandad :D
Keep your face always toward the sunshine - and shadows will fall behind you.
Barlow Boy
LUFCTALK Moderator

Post by Barlow Boy »

Two for me from a previous relationship.

A daughter, who now lives in Australia with her fiancé, they’ve just moved into their first house over there. It looks stunning in the pictures, she sent me a picture of them both yesterday enjoying a beer in their swimming pool. We were supposed to be going over there this year to celebrate my 50th birthday, but that’s obviously off for the time being.

A son, who some from this forum have met at games. He is in his last year studying at Newcastle University, but also has a job at the supermarket chain Iceland, where he has worked his way up to duty manager level - not bad for a 21 year old lad.

Sadly, my wife and I lost our daughter when she was born, something that I think about every single day.
When you retire, you switch bosses - from the one that hired you, to the one that married you.
Barlow Boy
LUFCTALK Moderator

Post by Barlow Boy »

Barlow Boy wrote:A daughter, who now lives in Australia with her fiancé, they’ve just moved into their first house over there. It looks stunning in the pictures, she sent me a picture of them both yesterday enjoying a beer in their swimming pool. We were supposed to be going over there this year to celebrate my 50th birthday, but that’s obviously off for the time being.
Had news recently, from my daughter in Australia, that we are to become grandparents for the first time in July 8-) 8-) 8-)
When you retire, you switch bosses - from the one that hired you, to the one that married you.
Wigan White
Arthur Fairclough's milliner

Post by Wigan White »

Barlow Boy wrote:
Barlow Boy wrote:A daughter, who now lives in Australia with her fiancé, they’ve just moved into their first house over there. It looks stunning in the pictures, she sent me a picture of them both yesterday enjoying a beer in their swimming pool. We were supposed to be going over there this year to celebrate my 50th birthday, but that’s obviously off for the time being.
Had news recently, from my daughter in Australia, that we are to become grandparents for the first time in July 8-) 8-) 8-)
Congratulations Kev. :thumbup:

Hopefully you'll be able to get to see them soon.
Barlow Boy
LUFCTALK Moderator

Post by Barlow Boy »

Wigan White wrote:
Barlow Boy wrote:

Cheers Al :thumbup:, ironically we were supposed to be there around the time of the birth, but Covid dealt with that some time ago.

In hindsight, it’s probably worked out for the the best, I doubt they would want guests in their house, as well as a newborn, at the same time, plus we want to travel Australia too. I think we will push back the plans for a year or two, so we can enjoy his or her company when he or she is able to get around a bit.

Thanks again mate :thumbup:
Wigan White

Post by Wigan White »

Barlow Boy wrote:
Wigan White wrote:
Barlow Boy wrote:

Cheers Al :thumbup:, ironically we were supposed to be there around the time of the birth, but Covid dealt with that some time ago.

In hindsight, it’s probably worked out for the the best, I doubt they would want guests in their house, as well as a newborn, at the same time, plus we want to travel Australia too. I think we will push back the plans for a year or two, so we can enjoy his or her company when he or she is able to get around a bit.

I remember you saying that the trip this year had been cancelled and did think when writing the post that it may have been a blessing in disguise.
DominanceUK

Post by DominanceUK »

Barlow Boy wrote:
Wigan White wrote:
Barlow Boy wrote:

Congrats, BB! I have no children but I am the eldest of 7 and have a fair few nephews and nieces. Became a Godfather late November but still haven't seen him due to Covid which is bloody annoying but my time will come