Whats the first thing you'd do?

The place to discuss anything that isn't football or LUFC
Davycc
LUFCTALK Moderator

Whats the first thing you'd do?

Post by Davycc »

OK so lets say you win the Millionaire maker on the lottery, scoop the £1 Million on the Premium Bonds or inherit exactly a million. We would all give family that's a given but what would be the very first thing you would do?
Lets say COVID was just a bad dream, would it be a new car, house or a charity donation?
All at Amazon Books

The Funny Corner
When Santa Got Stuck Up The Chimney
The Thrones Murders
Deleted User 728

Re: Whats the first thing you'd do?

Post by Deleted User 728 »

Go on a month long trip to South Africa and Malaysia to see mine and Jeanna's family .. as well as from people wanting a piece of you.
Wigan White
Arthur Fairclough's milliner

Post by Wigan White »

Book an immediate holiday to get away from everything and whilst away try to form some sort of plan.
NottinghamWhite
LUFCTALK Admin

Post by NottinghamWhite »

Surprise surprise I’d go first class & watch England on tour either in Australia, New Zealand or West Indies ( I’m talking cricket) I will do a tour in the future ( fingers crossed) but to do it in luxury would be agreeable. Take a season off of watching YCCC & complete the grounds currently need Durham, Glamorgan, Essex, Sussex & Gloucestershire plus a load of out grounds like Cheltenham, Isle of Wight, Tunbridge Wells, Arundel, Colwyn Bay etc.
I’d earmark a £100k for some local worthwhile charities.
Winner of the Europa League
ChilwellWhite
Howard Wilkinson's military attaché

Post by ChilwellWhite »

Totally self indulgent a round the world cruise with a mini suite. I’d probably end up totally obese and alcoholic but hey ho I’ll take that gamble.
Barlow Boy
LUFCTALK Moderator

Post by Barlow Boy »

Buy some land, so Mrs BB could set up some form of animal sanctuary, we’ve actually looked into doing it previously but then I retired so it went on the back burner.

A top of the range Range Rover for me, a racehorse and around the world cruise.
When you retire, you switch bosses - from the one that hired you, to the one that married you.
johnh
Bielsa's English Teacher

Post by johnh »

Recently changed my car and am happy with it, so car is out.
Mortgage is paid off and we would not want to live anywhere else. (Surrounded by brilliant neighbours.)
Charities would benefit - all local, no 'professional charities'. (Don't want to subsidise some Chief Executives £200k salary)
Give most to family.
Might get a new kitchen and tart the house up a bit.

What is interesting is: I remember in the early 1960's if you won £75k on the pools, you could retire at a young age and live off the interest. Couldn't do that with £1m these days.
I once played against Don Revie.
Mr Russell
LUFCTALK Moderator

Post by Mr Russell »

Other than giving to the family

I would pay off house then open up a brewery/restaurant.
Owners come and go but Leeds United will be there forever, for the fans - keep Marching on Together.
Barlow Boy
LUFCTALK Moderator

Post by Barlow Boy »

johnh wrote: What is interesting is: I remember in the early 1960's if you won £75k on the pools, you could retire at a young age and live off the interest. Couldn't do that with £1m these days.
I retired at 46 Sir John, with nowhere near a million, it’s easy if you tread carefully :thumbup:
When you retire, you switch bosses - from the one that hired you, to the one that married you.
kk white
Raich Carter's Contract Agent

Post by kk white »

Already have a new car - might upgrade our second car (we live in a rural area, 2 cars required.

Pay off the mortgage

Set up fund for kids university (or whatever they decide to do in 10 years)

Major holiday

Back to work, perhaps somewhere less stressful with a smaller salary.
"An astonishing number of people despise Leeds United or what Leeds United stand for. But this club was never made for them." - Phil Hay