The Cricket Thread

The place to discuss anything that isn't football or LUFC
Deleted User 2747

Re: The Cricket Thread

Post by Deleted User 2747 »

Watching the cricket, I am very impressed by the beauty of the stunning Sri Lankan setting.
NottinghamWhite
LUFCTALK Admin

Post by NottinghamWhite »

164 needed for an England win.
Winner of the Europa League
Mr Russell
LUFCTALK Moderator

Post by Mr Russell »

NottinghamWhite wrote:164 needed for an England win.
Could still be a tough ask on this wicket, need a good start!
Owners come and go but Leeds United will be there forever, for the fans - keep Marching on Together.
ChilwellWhite
Howard Wilkinson's military attaché

Post by ChilwellWhite »

Game on in Galle, England need 76 to win with 7 wickets in hand.
Mr Russell
LUFCTALK Moderator

Post by Mr Russell »

Watching the Big Bash, Sydney vs Perth, Vince (S), Roy & Livingstone (P).

Perth hit a 6 into the crowd, people jump and miss the ball whilst another guy with beer hand catches the ball one handed and not spilling a drop, people rush in to high 5 and Pat him on his back, beer split, sods Law? But funny :o :clap: :(
Owners come and go but Leeds United will be there forever, for the fans - keep Marching on Together.
NottinghamWhite
LUFCTALK Admin

Just seen him interviewed by some woman, here for a few scooners, not heard that expression before.
Sniffer
Arthur Fairclough's milliner

Post by Sniffer »

NottinghamWhite wrote:Just seen him interviewed by some woman, here for a few scooners, not heard that expression before.
It's been a while since I was last in Oz but beer would come in 3 sizes: a glass, a middy (or pot) and a schooner. The schooner was the biggest and was about 4/5ths of a pint.
NottinghamWhite
LUFCTALK Admin

Mr Russell
LUFCTALK Moderator

Post by Mr Russell »

Sniffer wrote:
NottinghamWhite wrote:Just seen him interviewed by some woman, here for a few scooners, not heard that expression before.
It's been a while since I was last in Oz but beer would come in 3 sizes: a glass, a middy (or pot) and a schooner. The schooner was the biggest and was about 4/5ths of a pint.
Pretty much right, the glass is usually called a 7 and mainly for spirits, middy or pot (in Victoria) and the Schooner are our other size glasses. A lot of places now do sell pints as well.
Sniffer
Arthur Fairclough's milliner

Post by Sniffer »

Mr Russell wrote:
Sniffer wrote:
Pretty much right, the glass is usually called a 7 and mainly for spirits, middy or pot (in Victoria) and the Schooner are our other size glasses. A lot of places now do sell pints as well.
I was last there 30 years ago this year. That thought makes me feel old. I spent a year backpacking around Oz on a year-long work visa. Downed quite a few schooners.