Worth watching on telly

The place to discuss anything that isn't football or LUFC
Deleted User 728

Re: Worth watching on telly

Post by Deleted User 728 »

Costy wrote:
rigger wrote:His early films are excellent and he can be a surprisingly subtle actor. There were moments in BHC and 48 Hours when he was serious and I always wondered what he would've been like in a straight role.

His first standup film, Delirious, remains the funniest I have ever seen.
Raw was okay, but that debut was sensational.
The bit about the 'house burger' ( I think it's in Raw) where his mum says she can make burgers better than McDonald's is one of the funniest things I've ever seen. I watch it all the time. Never gets old.

I also love the scenes in The Nutty Professor with the whole family at the dinner table. Absolutely hilarious.
The "cook-out" (BBQ) from Delirious.
That entire sequence, when he plays his drunk dad, the brontosaurus burgers, Aunt Bunny, etc .. same effect on me.
Twenty minutes of absolute genius.
NottinghamWhite
LUFCTALK Admin

Post by NottinghamWhite »

Oceans 8 was our choice of viewing last night, enjoyable stuff. Just about to watch Lynda la Plante’s Widows.
Winner of the Europa League
ChilwellWhite
Howard Wilkinson's military attaché

Post by ChilwellWhite »

NottinghamWhite wrote:Just about to watch Lynda la Plante’s Widows.
One of my favourite authors :thumbup:
NottinghamWhite
LUFCTALK Admin

Just watched a programme where Mark from Upper Poppleton stated that there’s 3 type of people. There’s people from Yorkshire, there’s people who aspire to be from Yorkshire & finally people who have no ambition at all :D
NottinghamWhite
LUFCTALK Admin

We’re going to watch The Dig tonight on Netflix anyone seen it ?
NottinghamWhite
LUFCTALK Admin

NottinghamWhite wrote:We’re going to watch The Dig tonight on Netflix anyone seen it ?
Ended up watching Night Hunter with Ben Kingsley & enjoyed it. It’s on Netflix as well.
NottinghamWhite
LUFCTALK Admin

NottinghamWhite wrote:We’re going to watch The Dig tonight on Netflix anyone seen it ?

Managed to watch this last night based on a true story starring Ralph Fiennes. Basically it was about the Sutton Hoo treasure, now an exhibit in London. Another co-star was Ken Stott an actor my wife always thought was a bit of alright until seeing him in this :D The actress who played one of the lead roles as Edith Pretty one Carey Mulligan was very pleasant to the eye :oops:
Davycc
LUFCTALK Moderator

Post by Davycc »

If anyone has been watching "Marcella" on ITV the last scene of season 3 was shot at our hangar. Anna Friel was a delight and has a wicked SOH.

Some details if anyone is interested

https://www.woodair.com/marcella-woodga ... lm-shoots/

All at Amazon Books

The Funny Corner
When Santa Got Stuck Up The Chimney
The Thrones Murders
Deleted User 728

Davycc wrote:Anna Friel was a delight and has a wicked SOH.
She's nigh on perfect then ? :mrgreen:

Carey Mulligan was in a movie called An Education in 2009.
IMDB describe it as "A coming-of-age story about a teenage girl in 1960s suburban London, and how her life changes with the arrival of a playboy nearly twice her age."

I watched it not long after it came out with a young woman at my place.
She's the daughter of a friend and I've known her since she was a baby, but when we watched it the age gap between characters on screen was about the same as between us and it made for a rather uncomfortable evening's entertainment .. at least on my part, anyway. She seemed perfectly fine with it all :shock:
Deleted User 728

And before anyone says anything, she brought the DVD round.
We'd normally watch French movies because she was studying the subject at college, knew my French ex and was friends with her daughter and knew I had a sizeable number of French films in my collection.