Coronavirus

The place to discuss anything that isn't football or LUFC
johnh
Bielsa's English Teacher

Re: Coronavirus

Post by johnh »

One bonus from the lockdown. Have got to know her indoors quite well and she seems to be a very nice person.
I once played against Don Revie.
ChilwellWhite
Howard Wilkinson's military attaché

Post by ChilwellWhite »

I’m pleased to announce that lockdown has finished for one of our neighbours who’ve had 4 house guests all weekend :twisted: very blatant with it as well as they stick their imaginary 2 fingers up to those of us that have done as we’ve been required. Makes my blood boil and it’s taken all my will power to not ask what the hell they think they’re doing. I don’t wish ill on anyone but a part of me hopes they get a dose of this virus, not deadly of course but just enough for them to suffer for their arrogance.
Selby White
LUFCTALK Moderator

Post by Selby White »

ChilwellWhite wrote:I’m pleased to announce that lockdown has finished for one of our neighbours who’ve had 4 house guests all weekend :twisted: very blatant with it as well as they stick their imaginary 2 fingers up to those of us that have done as we’ve been required. Makes my blood boil and it’s taken all my will power to not ask what the hell they think they’re doing. I don’t wish ill on anyone but a part of me hopes they get a dose of this virus, not deadly of course but just enough for them to suffer for their arrogance.
Our next door neighbour had their daughter and son round for Sunday Lunch this weekend and happened to mention it to Cathy who just give him a disgusted glare and mentioned almost politely we haven't been able to go see the grandson for months, lets just say he got the message of how we felt.
Keep your face always toward the sunshine - and shadows will fall behind you.
BrighouseWhite
David O'Leary's baby-sitter

Post by BrighouseWhite »

Selby White wrote:
ChilwellWhite wrote:I’m pleased to announce that lockdown has finished for one of our neighbours who’ve had 4 house guests all weekend :twisted: very blatant with it as well as they stick their imaginary 2 fingers up to those of us that have done as we’ve been required. Makes my blood boil and it’s taken all my will power to not ask what the hell they think they’re doing. I don’t wish ill on anyone but a part of me hopes they get a dose of this virus, not deadly of course but just enough for them to suffer for their arrogance.
Our next door neighbour had their daughter and son round for Sunday Lunch this weekend and happened to mention it to Cathy who just give him a disgusted glare and mentioned almost politely we haven't been able to go see the grandson for months, lets just say he got the message of how we felt.
We've got a family directly across the street who also think the rules don't apply to them. I don't think a week has gone by since the whole thing started when they haven't had visitors.

One question is if schools are opening in a couple of weeks time, why aren't they making sure ALL teachers have had at least the first jab before then?
There's light at the end of the tunnel and the future's looking very bright indeed.
NottinghamWhite
LUFCTALK Admin

Post by NottinghamWhite »

Sadly I think most of us have neighbours who haven’t toed the party line one house in particular who own this house as part of a I’d imagine a large port folio of properties. This particular house the son & his girlfriend live there. Both sets of parents are virtually daily visitors, dad of the girl parks couple of blocks away & sneaks in ( obviously he knows he’s in the wrong ) So many people have just done their own thing without giving a toss about anybody else it really does make you angry. We are less than 2 weeks away from our 1 year anniversary of our personal lockdown so maybe folks can understand our anger at others who have kept their status quo.
Winner of the Europa League
Selby White
LUFCTALK Moderator

Post by Selby White »

NottinghamWhite wrote:Sadly I think most of us have neighbours who haven’t toed the party line one house in particular who own this house as part of a I’d imagine a large port folio of properties. This particular house the son & his girlfriend live there. Both sets of parents are virtually daily visitors, dad of the girl parks couple of blocks away & sneaks in ( obviously he knows he’s in the wrong ) So many people have just done their own thing without giving a toss about anybody else it really does make you angry. We are less than 2 weeks away from our 1 year anniversary of our personal lockdown so maybe folks can understand our anger at others who have kept their status quo.
This about sums it up for me, every area/street seems to have a mix of those sticking to the rules and those who bend them and even worse those who don't give a damn.
I know who I blame for the length of the lockdown :twisted:

On that note it was to see our neighbours with nice tidy haircuts yesterday (and they don't do each others) :? :shock:
Keep your face always toward the sunshine - and shadows will fall behind you.
NottinghamWhite
LUFCTALK Admin

Post by NottinghamWhite »

We’ve just booked a 4 night staycation in our favourite hotel in Scarbados booking their top suite. We are due to arrive May 19th by which time we’ll be over 2 weeks after our second jabs. Let’s hope this is the start to some kind of normality, though I very much doubt things will ever go back to how they were.
Stay safe out there we are seeing a light at the end of the Covid tunnel, hopefully.
Winner of the Europa League
ChilwellWhite
Howard Wilkinson's military attaché

Post by ChilwellWhite »

It’ll be funny when eventually we get to go shopping again at the supermarket as we’ve relied on home deliveries for the last 12 months, not missed the shops one bit if I’m honest. Ordering online has become the ‘norm’ for us.
Our neighbours still flaunt any lockdown rules which they don’t believe applies to them. One lady who is heavily pregnant might as well put up a neon sign on the front of their house with the word VACANCY on it as they’ve had more guests than a seaside guest house. I’m sure if my wife was pregnant I’d be doing everything to ensure the baby was kept safe during these unpredictable times, but if you’re virus proof then clearly you have nothing to fear, apparently :twisted:
Deleted User 728

Post by Deleted User 728 »

So I'm 54 and type 2 diabetic and I've just booked my first jab for this Saturday :)
johnh
Bielsa's English Teacher

Post by johnh »

rigger wrote:So I'm 54 and type 2 diabetic and I've just booked my first jab for this Saturday :)
:thumbup:
I once played against Don Revie.