Travel

The place to discuss anything that isn't football or LUFC
Davycc
LUFCTALK Moderator

Re: Travel

Post by Davycc »

Wigan White wrote:
Selby White wrote:Visited the House of the Rising Sun last night a excellent restaurant i can definately recommend.
That place has been the ruin of many a poor boy. :D
And God I know Dim Sum

I'll get me coat, wrong country.................
All at Amazon Books

The Funny Corner
When Santa Got Stuck Up The Chimney
The Thrones Murders
Selby White
LUFCTALK Moderator

Post by Selby White »

Still on the travels just leaving Hereford and travelling to Worcestershire staying in Great Malvern for two nights. Day off long walks tomoz as Cathy's sister is coming up to say hello.
Keep your face always toward the sunshine - and shadows will fall behind you.
dlw10
Howard Wilkinson's military attaché

Post by dlw10 »

Where you staying in Malvern SW? I was born in Malvern and spent my first 18 years living there - latterly my folks lived across Poolbrook Common, just around the corner from the BlueBell Pub at the end of the Guarlford Straight (the road out of Malvern leading to Upton). Went to school at Hanley Castle Grammar as it was then. Also lived at one time just behind the Morgan Motor factory in Malvern Link! Enjoy your trip!
Selby White
LUFCTALK Moderator

Post by Selby White »

dlw10 wrote:Where you staying in Malvern SW? I was born in Malvern and spent my first 18 years living there - latterly my folks lived across Poolbrook Common, just around the corner from the BlueBell Pub at the end of the Guarlford Straight (the road out of Malvern leading to Upton). Went to school at Hanley Castle Grammar as it was then. Also lived at one time just behind the Morgan Motor factory in Malvern Link! Enjoy your trip!
Just at the Premier Inn not far off the Worcester Road behind the Malvern Spa Hotel.
We are just touring with backpacks by train doing a bit walking so Prem inns are ideal.
Arrived at the main station and got a bit of lunch in town before walking to the hotel across Link Common then through a bit of a industrial estate passing a Morgan showroom not sure if factory was there. Was a good walk with the heavy backbacks (around 2.5mile).
Meeting Cathy's sister in the morning somewhere called Priory Park. Have another night here before Evesham next on the list.
We are leaving from the Link station which is nearer the hotel.
dlw10
Howard Wilkinson's military attaché

Post by dlw10 »

Excellent! You mention a few places that I know well! I've not lived there for almost fifty years but somehow it will always be home! Enjoy the rest of your trip.
Selby White
LUFCTALK Moderator

Post by Selby White »

dlw10 wrote:Excellent! You mention a few places that I know well! I've not lived there for almost fifty years but somehow it will always be home! Enjoy the rest of your trip.
Thanks,

We had a beer today in a Pub called the Unicorn and sat in seats with a plague stating Jr Tolkien and his friend Cs Lewis sat here, didn't know the connection until today. Interesting stuff.
Selby White
LUFCTALK Moderator

Post by Selby White »

Well everything went to plan on the journey home although was a long way round using 4 different trains.
Been a true Yorkshire man was the cheapest way of doing it.
Don't think I'll take much rocking to sleep tonight we've been averaging just under 10 miles per day walking some with the heavy back pack and the fact we live on the flat some of those hills are tough.
We stayed in 5 different towns/cities for two nights each and enjoyrd all but Mrs SW put them in the following order based on the town centre, the walks, scenary and restaurant food.
1. Shrewsbury
2. Malvern
3. Evesham
4. Chester
5. Hereford
yorkfan
Simon Grayson's Hairdresser

Post by yorkfan »

Selby White wrote:
dlw10 wrote:Excellent! You mention a few places that I know well! I've not lived there for almost fifty years but somehow it will always be home! Enjoy the rest of your trip.
Thanks,

We had a beer today in a Pub called the Unicorn and sat in seats with a plague stating Jr Tolkien and his friend Cs Lewis sat here, didn't know the connection until today. Interesting stuff.
Oh dear, I trust you've had your double jabs then. :lol:

Bloomin' autocorrect, it's a bugger.

:oops: :lol:
Selby White
LUFCTALK Moderator

Post by Selby White »

yorkfan wrote:
Selby White wrote:
Thanks,

Oh dear, I trust you've had your double jabs then. :lol:

Bloomin' autocorrect, it's a bugger.
:oops: :lol:
NottinghamWhite
LUFCTALK Admin

Post by NottinghamWhite »

Only been to Chester once that was to see us in the League Cup in 2008, we won 5-2 if I remember correctly.
Winner of the Europa League