21/22 shirts

Leeds United news here, transfer rumours, club affairs, players, fans, etc.
Specific match discussions should go in the category below.
selbydave
Neil Redfearn's diversity coach

21/22 shirts

Post by selbydave »

lots of teams parading their new shirts yesterday but has anyone seen anything or heard any rumours about ours for next season?
BrighouseWhite
David O'Leary's baby-sitter

Re: 21/22 shirts

Post by BrighouseWhite »

I don't know how true this is, but it looks almost exactly the same except for yellow stripes on the shoulders instead of blue. The away shirt I've seen is pale blue with white shoulder stripes

https://www.footyheadlines.com/2021/04/ ... 2-kit.html
There's light at the end of the tunnel and the future's looking very bright indeed.
Leonickroberts
Jimmy Armfield's cardigan knitter

Post by Leonickroberts »

BrighouseWhite wrote:I don't know how true this is, but it looks almost exactly the same except for yellow stripes on the shoulders instead of blue. The away shirt I've seen is pale blue with white shoulder stripes

https://www.footyheadlines.com/2021/04/ ... 2-kit.html
Yep, this is the one - somehow a family member has managed to get their hands on one and was wearing it on Sunday. Not totally convinced by the yellow, but it's almost all white so that's fine by me. Mainly excited to see what they do for the trendy/weird away kit now.
'When he plays on snow, he doesn't leave any footprints’
Westminster
Brian McDermott's optician

Post by Westminster »

For me, a Leeds' away kit should be all yellow. Having a blue 3rd kit is fine but that one looks too light, too Man City. I'd prefer a darker blue.
BrighouseWhite

Post by BrighouseWhite »

The 3rd kit here is the one I'd seen labelled as the away kit
There's light at the end of the tunnel and the future's looking very bright indeed.
Leonickroberts

Post by Leonickroberts »

Westminster wrote:
For me, a Leeds' away kit should be all yellow. Having a blue 3rd kit is fine but that one looks too light, too Man City. I'd prefer a darker blue.
To me that isn't even blue, it's pale lilac. Absolute monstrosity.

I don't work in anything even closely related to the design or fashion industries but I find it baffling that kit designers find it so hard. The principles are surely really straightforward and universal across clubs?

1. Home kit should be traditional or classic colours. Target market is traditionalists, every day fans and those who like simple designs.
2. Away kit should be similarly traditional, i.e. inversion of home colours. Target market as above.
3. Third kit should be much more creative and is an opportunity to do something that will stand out to neutrals. Also an opportunity to do a nod to cool classic kits (see recent Arsenal kits). Target market is as above, but also includes young and international potential fans.
4. All kits should try to avoid being a template kit that looks like a different colour version of other teams' kits.
5. Above all else, NEVER DO A PALE LILAC KIT.
HalifaxWhite

Post by HalifaxWhite »

Home kit I like.

Navy Blue kit is okay, should be the third kit though as our second kit should be solid yellow.

If they had just inverted the colours of the Home kit to create the away kit it would be spot on.
Nic
Dick Ray's Talent Spotter

Post by Nic »

Westminster wrote:
So you prefer more Chelsea than Man City?

Third kit is lilac, which looks weird, but who knows maybe it will sell a bucket load.
Leonickroberts

Post by Leonickroberts »

I've got to admit I think our 21/22 home kit is utterly horrific. Terrible collar, the yellow (rather than gold) looks super tacky, and the yellow stripe in the SBOTOP logo makes it look even more like a mid-90s local swimming pool logo.