21/22 shirts

Leeds United news here, transfer rumours, club affairs, players, fans, etc.
Specific match discussions should go in the category below.
Barlow Boy
LUFCTALK Moderator

Re: 21/22 shirts

Post by Barlow Boy »

Leonickroberts wrote:I've got to admit I think our 21/22 home kit is utterly horrific. Terrible collar, the yellow (rather than gold) looks super tacky, and the yellow stripe in the SBOTOP logo makes it look even more like a mid-90s local swimming pool logo.
If the pictures I’ve seen are correct, I agree, it’s a shocker.
When you retire, you switch bosses - from the one that hired you, to the one that married you.
marziale
Neil Redfearn's diversity coach

Post by marziale »

Apart from the colour, I still cannot get used to the idea of our great team parading around in a shirt emblazoned with the initials SBOTOP (if I’ve got it right). Who the hell are these guys? Am I right in thinking that it may be a dodgy internet betting outfit whose HQ is found above a dodgy-looking bookmaker’s on the Isle of Man? Isn’t it about time LUFC strutted their stuff wearing a name the world has heard of?
Aaron
Jimmy Armfield's cardigan knitter

Post by Aaron »

marziale wrote:Apart from the colour, I still cannot get used to the idea of our great team parading around in a shirt emblazoned with the initials SBOTOP (if I’ve got it right). Who the hell are these guys? Am I right in thinking that it may be a dodgy internet betting outfit whose HQ is found above a dodgy-looking bookmaker’s on the Isle of Man? Isn’t it about time LUFC strutted their stuff wearing a name the world has heard of?
I have no idea myself, but they're regarded as one of the largest bookmakers in Asia. I imagine it helps our global outreach, in addition to being the biggest sponsor deal we've ever had.
selbydave

Post by selbydave »

think i read somewhere that the training range is available from thursday the 8th [ probably for one day only ]
Nic
Dick Ray's Talent Spotter

Post by Nic »

marziale wrote:Apart from the colour, I still cannot get used to the idea of our great team parading around in a shirt emblazoned with the initials SBOTOP (if I’ve got it right). Who the hell are these guys? Am I right in thinking that it may be a dodgy internet betting outfit whose HQ is found above a dodgy-looking bookmaker’s on the Isle of Man? Isn’t it about time LUFC strutted their stuff wearing a name the world has heard of?
Even though the logo is dodgy (especially the S that looks more like something from WWII uniform), I am not really bothered, it's whoever pays the most to the club for the privilege.
West beach white
Paul Heckingbottom's career advisor

Post by West beach white »

Do the under 18s wear the same kit as the first team ? I ask because new academy signing James debayo was pictured recently holding up a shirt. It wasn’t last seasons shirt and isn’t the one most think we are getting this season, with the yellow adidas stripes.
marziale

Post by marziale »

Nic wrote:
Even though the logo is dodgy (especially the S that looks more like something from WWII uniform), I am not really bothered, it's whoever pays the most to the club for the privilege.
I understand your drift, but the club takes very seriously an ethical approach on what it is doing, involving itself with good causes in our community and so forth, so I cannot accept that it is unconcerned about whose logo Leeds United players wear on their shirts. Actually it matters a great deal. I just remember reading uncomplimentary things in the financial press a few weeks ago about our sponsor, but I didn’t save the url. I could be barking up the wrong tree, I know. Nevertheless what remains is … it DOES matter whose logo is carried on LUFC shirts.
DominanceUK
Arthur Fairclough's milliner

Post by DominanceUK »

Does anyone know when the new kit is available to buy as I can't seem to find a release date?
Barlow Boy
LUFCTALK Moderator

Post by Barlow Boy »

DominanceUK wrote:Does anyone know when the new kit is available to buy as I can't seem to find a release date?
I saw that a load of new training wear had been released, so it can’t be long now.
When you retire, you switch bosses - from the one that hired you, to the one that married you.
Davycc
LUFCTALK Moderator

Post by Davycc »

Pics of new kit on official site
All at Amazon Books

The Funny Corner
When Santa Got Stuck Up The Chimney
The Thrones Murders