The blahblah of the forum

The place to discuss anything that isn't football or LUFC
Davycc
LUFCTALK Moderator

Re: The blabla of the forum

Post by Davycc »

Selby White wrote:Nearly threw radio out this morning as think it's broken the weather forecast said the only sunny place would be Northern Ireland. :shock:
Can you confirm this is not true Davy :D
Might not be broken but could be on it's last legs :D

Pic taken from here https://w3w.co/smarting.possible.sparkles
All at Amazon Books

The Funny Corner
When Santa Got Stuck Up The Chimney
The Thrones Murders
kk white
Raich Carter's Contract Agent

Post by kk white »

Davycc wrote:
Might not be broken but could be on it's last legs :D
Like our summer...
"An astonishing number of people despise Leeds United or what Leeds United stand for. But this club was never made for them." - Phil Hay
Selby White
LUFCTALK Moderator

Post by Selby White »

Anyone watch the Chase tonight, 20 year old lad beat the chaser on his own to win £75,000 :clap: :clap: :clap:
Keep your face always toward the sunshine - and shadows will fall behind you.
johnh
Bielsa's English Teacher

Post by johnh »

Selby White wrote:Anyone watch the Chase tonight, 20 year old lad beat the chaser on his own to win £75,000 :clap: :clap: :clap:
I remember in the 1960's when the top win in the football pools was £75,000. They used to say that you could stop work and live off the interest. How times change. :shock:
I once played against Don Revie.
NottinghamWhite
LUFCTALK Admin

Post by NottinghamWhite »

Selby White wrote:Anyone watch the Chase tonight, 20 year old lad beat the chaser on his own to win £75,000 :clap: :clap: :clap:

Just watched it on catch up :clap:
Winner of the Europa League
NottinghamWhite
LUFCTALK Admin

Post by NottinghamWhite »

Winner of the Europa League
Sniffer
Arthur Fairclough's milliner

Post by Sniffer »

Interseting article by Phil Hay for the Athletic.

"Soldier A: From professional footballer to Royal Marine Commando

Phil Hay Sept 6, 2021
The wall behind Soldier A is completely bare, except for a dartboard over his shoulder. He is based somewhere down south. In a week or so, he is due to be deployed abroad with a group of his colleagues.

In November, Soldier A passed out as a Royal Marines Commando, making the grade after 32 weeks of training. He is speaking to The Athletic from the military base where he is stationed. Being a marine is like living as a sportsperson, he jokes — minus the massages, the nutritional supplements and the physios on tap.

“You need the stamina of a professional athlete,” Soldier A says, “but when you perform as a marine, you’re performing to a certain level while you’re cold, wet, lacking sleep and when you’ve maybe not eaten for a while. In football, I was used to the physios and the massages, all of that stuff. In the marines, you’re sleeping in a wood block and surviving on rations. It’s a big contrast.”

In his previous life, he was a professional footballer who made national headlines before he had kicked a ball for any first team of note. He was the teenager who, around 2012, became a focus of attention at Leeds United, the prospect richer clubs (of which there were many) fought to poach. His is a tale of hype, European adventures, severe illness and latterly, a complete change of direction."

I'm not looking for who this is. In fact the Athletic have suspended comments on the article for that very reason. It is just a fascinating read if you can get it.
psquithy
Brian McDermott's optician

Post by psquithy »

That's awful
johnh
Bielsa's English Teacher

Post by johnh »

Just had a cold call about insurance on my washing machine. Told them that we don't have a washing machine. We use the stream at the bottom of the garden and beat the clothes on the rocks. Asked them if they provided insurance to cover the stream drying up. They didn't seem interested.
I once played against Don Revie.
Barlow Boy
LUFCTALK Moderator

Post by Barlow Boy »

johnh wrote:Just had a cold call about insurance on my washing machine. Told them that we don't have a washing machine. We use the stream at the bottom of the garden and beat the clothes on the rocks. Asked them if they provided insurance to cover the stream drying up. They didn't seem interested.
:lol: :lol: :lol:
When you retire, you switch bosses - from the one that hired you, to the one that married you.