Watching games via iPad

The place to discuss anything that isn't football or LUFC
ChilwellWhite
Howard Wilkinson's military attaché

Watching games via iPad

Post by ChilwellWhite »

In plain English can someone tell what I need to do to watch streams via my iPad ? I don’t have a fire stick, think that’s what they’re called. Any help gratefully received ;)
Barlow Boy
LUFCTALK Moderator

Re: Watching games via iPad

Post by Barlow Boy »

When I can’t make away games, I generally watch the games on the iPad, I go to the usual streaming sites, click on our game and up it comes.

Sometimes, when I click on the triangle bit (if you know what I mean), it opens another window, generally an advertising site, but I just close that, click on the triangle bit again and watch it.
When you retire, you switch bosses - from the one that hired you, to the one that married you.
Selby White
LUFCTALK Moderator

Post by Selby White »

Can't help with Ipad but should be able to use same streams I use a laptop but connect it to the TV through a HDMI lead.
Keep your face always toward the sunshine - and shadows will fall behind you.
ChilwellWhite

Post by ChilwellWhite »

Do you download a VPN app ?
Barlow Boy
LUFCTALK Moderator

Post by Barlow Boy »

ChilwellWhite wrote:Do you download a VPN app ?
No mate, just literally google the name of the streaming site and click on our game.
When you retire, you switch bosses - from the one that hired you, to the one that married you.
Selby White
LUFCTALK Moderator

Post by Selby White »

Have sent you a link to one of the streaming sites I use.
Keep your face always toward the sunshine - and shadows will fall behind you.
DominanceUK
Arthur Fairclough's milliner

Post by DominanceUK »

Sent you a couple of links too, pal. I'm hoping to get to the rest of the home games but will stream the away games, if you're struggling with streams pm me and I'll help you best I can
ChilwellWhite

Post by ChilwellWhite »

DominanceUK wrote:Sent you a couple of links too, pal. I'm hoping to get to the rest of the home games but will stream the away games, if you're struggling with streams pm me and I'll help you best I can
Selby White wrote:Have sent you a link to one of the streaming sites I use.
Thanks very much :thumbup:
AlexPhilip
Giddy Kipper

Post by AlexPhilip »

Think it depends on where you're streaming from more than being on iPad. I use nfl2go for NFL streams. If you've got ESPN, I'd recommend Watch ESPN too.

The problem with jail breaking and XBMC is that you're gonna still be relying on poor quality streams and you'll be sacrificing a lot in terms of stability to get there. I'd advise against it. I have a raspberry PI running XBMC and honestly I never use it anymore because I can't get a stream that's not absolute number 2s.
Last edited by AlexPhilip on 13 Dec 2021, 17:05, edited 2 times in total.
Sniffer
Arthur Fairclough's milliner

Post by Sniffer »

AlexPhilip wrote:Think it depends on where you're streaming from more than being on iPad. I use nfl2go for NFL streams. If you've got ESPN, I'd recommend WatchESPN too.

The problem with jail breaking and XBMC is that you're gonna still be relying on poor quality streams and you'll be sacrificing a lot in terms of stability to get there. I'd advise against it. I have a raspberry PI running XBMC and honestly I never use it anymore because I can't get a stream that's not absolute number 2s.
Evening, Alex. I can't claim to understand what you're going on about, I'm afraid, as I'm a complete Luddite but welcome to the forum. If you like you can introduce yourself in the New Members section.