I come in peace.

Leeds United news here, transfer rumours, club affairs, players, fans, etc.
Specific match discussions should go in the category below.
CheeznOnionPasty
George Graham's Crombie cleaner

Re: I come in peace.

Post by CheeznOnionPasty »

Youri Tielemans is a future superstar, I was super impressed when you guys landed him, he's going places.

Enjoy the game and apologies for hoping your return journey is a bit sombre ;)
Leicester White
Simon Grayson's Hairdresser

Post by Leicester White »

My 2nd team if that's possible. I play tennis with Harvey Barnes' Dad and actually won a ticket to see leicester v Everton in the last match of your title winning season... incredible - I got offered £1,000 for the ticket but delighted I went! What a night in leicester afterwards too... the last couple of bars we ended up in ran out of ale so we moved onto random drinks. met a lad who goaded Man U fans down the pub at Xmas about the league positions and he got goaded back into putting a £500 bet on his phone at 33-1 on Leicester... massive money for a guy earning £20k a year - he'd just collected and gave his brother half of it as he was in a spot of financial bother. Fantastic people, love living in Leicester. And the owners seem to always do the right thing for the fans a bit like our owners.
Barlow Boy
LUFCTALK Moderator

Post by Barlow Boy »

Leicester White wrote:My 2nd team if that's possible. I play tennis with Harvey Barnes' Dad and actually won a ticket to see leicester v Everton in the last match of your title winning season... incredible - I got offered £1,000 for the ticket but delighted I went! What a night in leicester afterwards too... the last couple of bars we ended up in ran out of ale so we moved onto random drinks. met a lad who goaded Man U fans down the pub at Xmas about the league positions and he got goaded back into putting a £500 bet on his phone at 33-1 on Leicester... massive money for a guy earning £20k a year - he'd just collected and gave his brother half of it as he was in a spot of financial bother. Fantastic people, love living in Leicester. And the owners seem to always do the right thing for the fans a bit like our owners.
Great story that :clap:
When you retire, you switch bosses - from the one that hired you, to the one that married you.
Saxon
Allan Clarke's tissue supplier

Post by Saxon »

1960-61 season. FA Cup semi final Sheffield United v Leicester City at Elland Road. First big game that I attended.
Game required 2 replays before Leicester went to Wembley, only to be beaten by double winning Spurs 2-0.
I remember, as 10 year olds, me and my mate were just hanging around the ground and a spiv gave us couple of a unsold tickets.
Gates had already been closed, attendance 52000, but they let ticket holders in through players entrance, then we all stood 3 or 4 deep on the touchline for the entire game. Always liked Leicester except when we play them.
NottinghamWhite
LUFCTALK Admin

Post by NottinghamWhite »

My first visit to Leicester was I think 1971-72 at Filbert Street ( preferred it to today’s flat pack ) & witnessed a boring 0-0 game. My last visit was 2006 to watch another draw this time 1-1 with Robbie Blake scoring from the spot.
Winner of the Europa League
PhoenixUnited
Dick Ray's Talent Spotter

Post by PhoenixUnited »

My first ever visit to a football game was when my uncle took me to Filbert Street to see a game against Bristol City in about 1968. Leicester won by three goals I think but my overriding memory was of my uncle pointing out a Leicester City player - Len Glover - having a chit chat with a fan was we walked past heading for the terraces for the start of the game :D
Sadly the area of Filbert Street where the pitch was is now a stadium car park and used by hospital staff on non match days :cry:
Keep The Faith / WAL