Who’s getting relegated this season

Leeds United news here, transfer rumours, club affairs, players, fans, etc.
Specific match discussions should go in the category below.

Who

Burnley
26%
Watford
30%
Newcastle United
5%
Norwich City
26%
Leeds United
3%
Everton
6%
Brentford
4%
Crystal Palace
No votes
Southampton
No votes
Aston Villa
No votes
Leicester City
No votes

Total votes: 100

NottinghamWhite
LUFCTALK Admin

Who’s getting relegated this season

Post by NottinghamWhite »

So who as a forum do we think will be relegated this season ? 3 choices per voter. I’ve put this in here as it concerns Leeds United.
Winner of the Europa League
ChilwellWhite
Howard Wilkinson's military attaché

Re: Who’s getting relegated this season

Post by ChilwellWhite »

I think Everton are on a downward spiral and I’m convinced Lampard isn’t the Messiah Delli Alli isn’t the player he once was and Van der Beek hasn’t played much since the he arrived at Scum. My other choices are Burnley long overdue the drop and Watford.
Leonickroberts
Jimmy Armfield's cardigan knitter

Post by Leonickroberts »

I think Newcastle will get out of it, and judging from the poll so far, so do others. They've made very smart, if uninspiring, signings in Trippier and Wood (crossing and finishing), Guimaraes (leader, battler) and Matt Targett (decent enough defender). Their second half of the season will be much better than their first I think.

Norwich, despite a slight improvement, are terrible. Watford are also dire, and I'm hoping the chaos at the club will undermine any new manager bounce from Woy. Burnley are the hard team to predict for me. Terrible team - Dyche could still get them out of it and they can grind out results, but this season they're definitely running out of juice.

Everton are a shambles and Fat Frank is a dire manager, but they do still have a decent, underperforming squad. They could get sucked down into it, but equally could have a run and pull clear.

Lastly, I'm still very worried that one of the three could be.....us.

For me we're looking at the following:

15th Everton
16th Newcastle
17th Leeds
18th Burnley
19th Watford
20th Norwich
'When he plays on snow, he doesn't leave any footprints’
Barlow Boy
LUFCTALK Moderator

Post by Barlow Boy »

I had a small wager at 22/1 a few weeks ago that Watford, Norwich and Brentford will go, and I still think that although Burnley may run those three close.
When you retire, you switch bosses - from the one that hired you, to the one that married you.
Selby White
LUFCTALK Moderator

Post by Selby White »

Difficult to see past Norwich, Burnley & Watford but I'm not so sure Newcastle will escape despite their signings.

Out of interest this is how the bookies see it (average of a few)-

Odds for relegation -
Norwich - 2/9
Watford - 4/11
Burnley - 1/2
Newcastle - 6/4
Everton - 9/2
Brentford - 6/1
Leeds - 6/1
Palace - 20/1
Southampton - 20/1
Keep your face always toward the sunshine - and shadows will fall behind you.
CanuckMightyWhite
Neil Redfearn's diversity coach

Post by CanuckMightyWhite »

I went with Everton, Newcastle and Watford although the first two are more wishful thinking.
Watford’s schedule is bad and I can’t see them getting enough points. They are as good as gone.
Norwich have had an uptick in form and may avoid the drop.
Do Everton have the quality to stay up? Possibly, but I think by the skin of their teeth, they are a disorganized bunch now being managed by an entitled self centred moron.
Have Newcastle done enough business to creep out of the relegation heap? Not sure, every point dropped from here on will add to the pressure. That fluke win at ER certainly helped big time though.
Will Brentford, Palace and Southampton fall down into a scrap? Quite likely that one or two from this group will be there or thereabouts at the end.

What about us? Nah, we are fine. Less injuries, returning bodies and a couple of classic Bielsa Ball games will see us sound in mid table.
CheeznOnionPasty
George Graham's Crombie cleaner

Post by CheeznOnionPasty »

Burnley are done, I don't think Dyche will work his magic this year, they just don't have the quality. The league has been improving around them for the last few years whilst they have largely stood still and their squad is aging out.

It's a total toss-up between Norwich, Newcastle and Watford - you could pick any of them. I picked Norwich but could easily have picked Watford instead. Dunno why or if it's justified but I kinda see Norwich as being a bit delicate mentally, they're having a mini-resurgence now but I could see it all falling apart again very quickly. I think Newcastle might have done just enough with their recruitment and Eddie Howe knows how to manage at the bottom of the league, plus the Geordie's support is nearly as good as ours, I think of these three teams they are the most likely to have a decent run at some point (decent, not good!).

Then I went for Everton, I don't think Lampard and their new signings will be enough, that club is totally dysfunctional and in a spiral. They might be about to add to their total of four seasons outside the top flight. Might be wishful thinking on my part, just wanting to sing about Frank Lampard's tears again :D