Famous 5

The place to discuss anything that isn't football or LUFC
Sniffer
Arthur Fairclough's milliner

Re: Famous 5

Post by Sniffer »

Mr Russell wrote:
Sniffer wrote:Not sure if I can get 5 famous people.

Chris Balderstone (Leicestershire CCC and several football clubs - I guess that proves a point if I've got to tell you who they are)
Tony Grieg (Cricketer)
Peter Gabriel (Musician)
Ray Davies (Musician)
David Amess MP
Tony Greig?

Oh and what clubs did Chris play for? :thumbup:
Chris played for Leicestershire CCC. ;) :D
Carlisle when they got promoted to the First Division, I think. There were a few others who did both back then.

It was Tony Greig, you're right. Although I did meet his brother, Ian, at a charity match that Chris Balderstone was also playing in. Late 70's at a guess.
I sold a First Class ticket to London Paddington to Peter Gabriel at Bath Spa Station around 86. I was a big fan and totally star-struck.
I touched the plimsoll of the sainted Ray Davies as he was playing with The Kinks in Bristol around '81. He wasn't amused.
I phoned the late David Amess up for a Market Research company in about '93. Although he was, politically, diametrically opposed to me he was a very likeable and friendly man.
Mr Russell
LUFCTALK Moderator

Re: Famous 5

Post by Mr Russell »

Mr Russell wrote:Ian Botham
Alan Border
Darren Lehmann
Craig White
Jason Gillespie
The correct answer on mine is Craig White.

Like I mentioned I met Beefy in 1987 when he played for Queensland here in Newcastle (against NSW), Alan Border was the captain of the Queensland team so I was talking to both of them as well as Craig McDermott and Greg Ritchie. The match was played in Newcastle NSW where I live now, it was also a rarity although not back in that day that we had a female streaker who proceeded to do handstands across the pitch.

Darren Lehmann and Jason Gillespie I met in a bar in Headingley after a T20 match against Lancashire (we won :D ) with Anthony McGrath, spoke to Lehmann for a good 2 hours.
Owners come and go but Leeds United will be there forever, for the fans - keep Marching on Together.