2022 - 2023 Transfer Rumours and Squad Discussions

Leeds United news here, transfer rumours, club affairs, players, fans, etc.
Specific match discussions should go in the category below.
corkleedsmot
Jimmy Armfield's cardigan knitter

Re: 2022 - 2023 Transfer Rumours and Squad Discussions

Post by corkleedsmot »

Metro1962 wrote:I think we should go for Jesse Lingard before West Ham have him back and the price is around 25million (it was a while ago ) as that is what was offered to West Ham if they wanted him the first time around but West ham said they could not afford that amount!!
His contract is up right? so he is a free transfer?

i do worry about signing players who suddenly become world beaters again before their contract runs up :D
I also hate the idea of more scum rejects but he has looked really classy for West Ham.
Metro1962
Simon Grayson's Hairdresser

Post by Metro1962 »

corkleedsmot wrote:
Metro1962 wrote:I think we should go for Jesse Lingard before West Ham have him back and the price is around 25million (it was a while ago ) as that is what was offered to West Ham if they wanted him the first time around but West ham said they could not afford that amount!!
His contract is up right? so he is a free transfer?

i do worry about signing players who suddenly become world beaters again before their contract runs up :D
I also hate the idea of more scum rejects but he has looked really classy for West Ham.
Yes he will be a free transfer,The downside is will he go to West Ham as they are in Europe and we are not?
corkleedsmot

Post by corkleedsmot »

The other downside is he will be on huge money. Free transfers always demand big wages these days.
If he did fail it would be hard to get rid and his wages likely 5 mill a year or more.
He was criticised for opening his own fashion label and stuff at united when they were struggling and had important games coming up wasn't he ? :lolno: :D
I don't think players honestly care about Europa league? do they? CL is a big pull. I think they care about prestige of club and money far more.
Leeds are a bigger club than West Ham 8-)

I really am so glad this season is over. I actually like football again and the sense of total dredd is gone. Leeds are so bad for my mental health :D
Barlow Boy
LUFCTALK Moderator

Post by Barlow Boy »

No great surprise, but reports that talks between us and Barcelona accelerating over Raphinha.

Just get the right money for him and I’ll wish well.
When you retire, you switch bosses - from the one that hired you, to the one that married you.
corkleedsmot

Post by corkleedsmot »

I don't think Barca can afford Rapha in all honesty. They are saying we can't afford to pay more than this so this is what you are getting.... The arrogance is astounding.
Also if Orta accepts Mingueza and money he should be sacked. Allowing Barca to get our best player while unloading their dead weight will make me homicidal.

80 mill or go fish!
guitarmark

Post by guitarmark »

Selby White wrote:
The Fonz wrote:We should be trying to keep Kalvin and other good players, you don't build a team or squad spirit by changing your key staff.
Priority No1 - Tie Kalvin & Raph on longer deals (why not? ).

Priority No2 - Decide what our regular formation will be under Marsch. This is important in my view to structure the squad.

Priority No3 - Get players we are not going to use off the wage bill (sell or if not loan).

Priority No 4 - Decide which players that were deemed U23's at start of last season will be part of the first team squad this coming season. In my view Gelhardt, Summerville, Greenwood & Cresswell are certainties. Can make a case for Klaesson, Bate & Heldje but maybe can still benefit by been on the fringe (training with 1st team and playing U23's).

Priority No5 - Fill in the squad gaps with quality players that will enhance the team.
About right IMO - especially with regard to JM's formation and style of play - he has had 12 games or so, to see what he has to work with - Granted he might have had to adjust some thoughts based on the relegation situation - But now he has a fresh start in Aug, so I want to see a pro-active policy and an identity of how we play, from him

Yes loan out some potential youngsters - I suppose in recent years our 'friend' Mason Mount + Conor Callagher sum up what a good year out on loan can do for development - Hoping Cody's spell at Cardiff will help him and I hope with a fresh start he can cement a place at RB

I'd love to keep both KP and Raph but suspect both will go - But let's hope that they go for a price we think is good for all at LUFC - Both can leave with my blessing - KP would need to be replaced, along with 2 other more attack minded midfield players - As a potential long shot I would not object to Harry Winks coming our way in midfield
Metro1962

Post by Metro1962 »

I have never witnessed both Kalvin & Raph not wanting to play for LUFC so I will want both to stay.
corkleedsmot

Post by corkleedsmot »

Metro1962 wrote:I have never witnessed both Kalvin & Raph not wanting to play for LUFC so I will want both to stay.
I think that is a good mentality to have.

Pol Ballus has said City are looking at making a bid already. It isn't just the rags I am afraid.

My god imagine Orta walking around with about 200 million. I will cry.
Sniffer
Arthur Fairclough's milliner

Post by Sniffer »

Not sure I'd give much credence to a reporter who thinks Jack's goal on Sunday was a header. :roll: