2022 - 2023 Transfer Rumours and Squad Discussions

Leeds United news here, transfer rumours, club affairs, players, fans, etc.
Specific match discussions should go in the category below.
saihtam
Brian McDermott's optician

Re: 2022 - 2023 Transfer Rumours and Squad Discussions

Post by saihtam »

Another Northern Soul wrote:
corkleedsmot wrote:
Barlow Boy wrote:
Polkadot wrote:Maybe we should create a special thread for Raphinha transfer rumors? I fear it will be a lot of posts in here about it :lol:
No Chance, we already have multiple threads on transfers, who we should get from relegated clubs etc.

You ain’t having any more :lol: :lol: :lol:
But it is the football xmas period :lol:

Aaronsen will sign tonight. Is in England now btw. Also Nketiah is staying at Arsenal so the FOrward we were in for is likely out of commission!

On Dest and Puig I love it too. I think we can get them and 50-60. Barca want them out and I think they are great players. Dest is very well suited to the prem in my opinion. Puig is a risk but he is a direct replacement for Pablo. Withe the right manager he could be sold in a few years for 100. Endless talent. I want young players and the best talent. Those are the risks I like. Not 30 million on 30 year olds. Puig was on our radar already too and so was Dest. Would also leave us with funds for 2 more players. We def need to shift players out too that is a problem. So much dead weight now in this squad.

If I had to guess I would say we will end up without Kalvin or Raph. City will come for Kalvin as well. I wouldn't mind selling them both to the barcodes for 100 a piece. They kept us in the league it is only fair.
I thought you told us here that the PL striker was definitely Nketiah?
Just rumors and our previous link with him. I would put my bet on Takumi Minamino. Wanted him in jan, but Pool need all players for long season.
Until it is not Benteke or some other washed up PL wannabe striker.
Polkadot
Eddie Gray's leftorium proprietor

Post by Polkadot »

Could Danny Ings or Watkins be possible? There are strong rumours that one of them will leave Villa as Suarez is close to come to Villa Park.
I guess they would be very expensive, so probably more for West Ham or something.
corkleedsmot
Jimmy Armfield's cardigan knitter

Post by corkleedsmot »

Polkadot wrote:Could Danny Ings or Watkins be possible? There are strong rumours that one of them will leave Villa as Suarez is close to come to Villa Park.
I guess they would be very expensive, so probably more for West Ham or something.
I think I would take Ings but not for Big money. Signed for 25?. If we could sneak in there for like 15. He might be on stupid wages too. We can do better than Ollie Watkins and Villa paid 35 for him and he would cost that still. I would actually prefer Broja. He is probably 25-30. Sesko is my number one pick. 18 and beastly and could end up being anything in the future.
The Fonz
Eddie Gray's leftorium proprietor

Post by The Fonz »

All these rumours expect we'll be in for Roy Race soon ;) :crazy:

Typical transfer window, linked with everyone then sign a player nobody has mentioned like we did with Raph.
Selby White
LUFCTALK Moderator

Post by Selby White »

Polkadot wrote:Could Danny Ings or Watkins be possible? There are strong rumours that one of them will leave Villa as Suarez is close to come to Villa Park.
Ings would do a Bamford type job imho, Watkins to me would be best in a two upfront.
As I'm unsure what JM thinks our formation should be I'm none committal which I'd prefer.
Keep your face always toward the sunshine - and shadows will fall behind you.
Barlow Boy
LUFCTALK Moderator

Post by Barlow Boy »

Reports that Everton, Newcastle and Spurs in for Jack Harrison.
When you retire, you switch bosses - from the one that hired you, to the one that married you.
Davycc
LUFCTALK Moderator

Post by Davycc »

Barlow Boy wrote:Reports that Everton, Newcastle and Spurs in for Jack Harrison.
Why go to Everton - FFL's there?
Get him to have a chat to the other Jack. see how that went at Spurs.
Hopefully he has thoughts about the Barcodes money source.
All at Amazon Books

The Funny Corner
When Santa Got Stuck Up The Chimney
The Thrones Murders
saihtam
Brian McDermott's optician

Post by saihtam »

Aston Villa trying hard to blow up their wage structure? : :wtf:
Selby White
LUFCTALK Moderator

Post by Selby White »

Barlow Boy wrote:Reports that Everton, Newcastle and Spurs in for Jack Harrison.
Interesting one if true, haven't previously posted it on here as can't prove it but a bloke (big Leeds fan) was adament that their are 4 players that don't get on with Marsch and will leave.
He claimed Harrison & Klich were 2 of them but didn't know who the others are.

I stress it's not from me just local gossip but when i see
this does make me wonder if some truth in it.

Value for money Jack is one of our best signings imho.
Keep your face always toward the sunshine - and shadows will fall behind you.
Mr Russell
LUFCTALK Moderator

Post by Mr Russell »

Selby White wrote:
Interesting one if true, haven't previously posted it on here as can't prove it but a bloke (big Leeds fan) was adament that their are 4 players that don't get on with Marsch and will leave.
He claimed Harrison & Klich were 2 of them but didn't know who the others are.

I stress it's not from me just local gossip but when i see
this does make me wonder if some truth in it.

Value for money Jack is one of our best signings imho.
I'd be very disappointed to lose both, even though Klich will be more a squad player from now on.

Harrison & Klich or Jesse, mmmm I'd know who I'd get rid of first!!!
Owners come and go but Leeds United will be there forever, for the fans - keep Marching on Together.