2022 - 2023 Transfer Rumours and Squad Discussions

Leeds United news here, transfer rumours, club affairs, players, fans, etc.
Specific match discussions should go in the category below.
Aaron
Jimmy Armfield's cardigan knitter

Re: 2022 - 2023 Transfer Rumours and Squad Discussions

Post by Aaron »

Nottingham Forest and AZ Alkmaar are interested in Crysencio Summerville with many clubs exploring this possibility, but Leeds are busy trying to keep the player at Elland Road by extending his contract. ⚪️ #LUFC

Negotiations ongoing to decide his future as soon as possible.
CheeznOnionPasty
George Graham's Crombie cleaner

Post by CheeznOnionPasty »

We seem to be getting heavily linked with Porto's Otavio as a possible Raphinha replacement https://www.transfermarkt.com/otavio/pr ... ler/231289.

Value is quoted at around 30m euros, apparently we had a bid knocked back this week.

Don't know much about him, can't say I've seen a lot of Portuguese football in recent memory.
corkleedsmot

Post by corkleedsmot »

CheeznOnionPasty wrote:We seem to be getting heavily linked with Porto's Otavio as a possible Raphinha replacement https://www.transfermarkt.com/otavio/pr ... ler/231289.

Value is quoted at around 30m euros, apparently we had a bid knocked back this week.

Don't know much about him, can't say I've seen a lot of Portuguese football in recent memory.
Supposedly for 30 million. I hope we are going for 2 of the players mentioned as Raph replacements.It would imo guarantee we don't go backwards next season but forwards.
I don't really get this Otavio one because he is a winger mostly. Great player but I prefer others. The CDK (supposedly we will pay 40 mill euros for him which would be extremely good imo) one makes sense as he can play in the AM roles or play next to Bamford. Leeds fans will adore this kid.
Same for the Gakpo one. These will be very hard to get over the line. It is kind of like being in for KDB when he was at Bremen. It is that tier talent imo.
All these players will have a bunch of options. I just wonder are Leeds being clever here and thinking Milan will only go for one of CDK and Lang. Forced Milan into tying up Lang and then going for our preferred target.Alot of these kinds of games are taking place. Arsenal putting in a bid for Raph they know will get rejected etc.

I never thought we could be in for this level of talent at this stage. A pity we couldn;t push on and do this last year.
If we got Camara, CDK and Gakpo it will be our best summer transfer window in since I don't know when. 00/01 maybe ? Dacourt,Ferdinand and Viduka came that year I think?
I was a teenager working on my uncles farm for the summer then. I can remember being really excited hearing we signed Viduka on the radio :lol:
kk white
Raich Carter's Contract Agent

Post by kk white »

corkleedsmot wrote:...I can remember being really excited hearing we signed Viduka on the radio :lol:
I remember following that one on the back pages for what seemed like an age :D
"An astonishing number of people despise Leeds United or what Leeds United stand for. But this club was never made for them." - Phil Hay
HalifaxWhite
David O'Leary's baby-sitter

Post by HalifaxWhite »

Not the most reliable source but HITC reporting were in for Kalimuendo from PSG 18mil.
Leicester White
Simon Grayson's Hairdresser

Post by Leicester White »

kk white wrote:
corkleedsmot wrote:...I can remember being really excited hearing we signed Viduka on the radio :lol:
I remember following that one on the back pages for what seemed like an age :D
And Dominic Matteo and Robbie Keane! We got it massively right that season.

The following season, we got it horribly wrong with just 2 signings but expensive ones which we didn't need... they didn't improve the team and meant great players like Robbie Keane were less involved... Robbie Fowler and Seth Johnson!

I think if we had bought nobody that season, we would have got more than the extra point we needed to make the champions league and we would have continously dined at the top table. All ifs and shoulda coulda woulda but just shows how critical transfers are.
Selby White
LUFCTALK Moderator

Post by Selby White »

corkleedsmot wrote: Dacourt,Ferdinand and Viduka came that year I think?
Ferdinand came a few months later, started the season at West Ham, played about a third of the season for them.
Keep your face always toward the sunshine - and shadows will fall behind you.
Leonickroberts

Post by Leonickroberts »

Not truthfully transfer related, but enjoyable nonetheless. Anyone listening to The Square Ball podcast this week will have heard them decide to create a ridiculous transfer rumour to watch all the clickbait articles pick it up (they did it previously). Lo and behold, a great example of why we should basically immediately disregard anything that doesn't come from Phil Hay, Fabrizio Romano or Graeme Smyth! :D :D :D

Leeds Insider News
@LeedsInsideNews
UNDERSTAND: Leeds have held talks over signing former England and Liverpool striker Daniel Sturridge on a free #lufc #MOT #LeedsUnited
Sources close to the story report that Orta believes he could provide “necessary depth” and aid in the development of younger forwards such as Max Dean and Joe Gelhardt #lufc #MOT #LeedsUnited
'When he plays on snow, he doesn't leave any footprints’
Sniffer
Arthur Fairclough's milliner

Post by Sniffer »

Leonickroberts wrote:Not truthfully transfer related, but enjoyable nonetheless. Anyone listening to The Square Ball podcast this week will have heard them decide to create a ridiculous transfer rumour to watch all the clickbait articles pick it up (they did it previously). Lo and behold, a great example of why we should basically immediately disregard anything that doesn't come from Phil Hay, Fabrizio Romano or Graeme Smyth! :D :D :D

Leeds Insider News
@LeedsInsideNews
UNDERSTAND: Leeds have held talks over signing former England and Liverpool striker Daniel Sturridge on a free #lufc #MOT #LeedsUnited
Sources close to the story report that Orta believes he could provide “necessary depth” and aid in the development of younger forwards such as Max Dean and Joe Gelhardt #lufc #MOT #LeedsUnited
:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
Oh, yes. I do like the Square Ball.
corkleedsmot

Post by corkleedsmot »

Leonickroberts wrote:Not truthfully transfer related, but enjoyable nonetheless. Anyone listening to The Square Ball podcast this week will have heard them decide to create a ridiculous transfer rumour to watch all the clickbait articles pick it up (they did it previously). Lo and behold, a great example of why we should basically immediately disregard anything that doesn't come from Phil Hay, Fabrizio Romano or Graeme Smyth! :D :D :D

Leeds Insider News
@LeedsInsideNews
In fairness I think Sturridge has played along himself too knowing it is a wind up :clap:

https://twitter.com/FootyAccums/status/ ... 6213475328
Will only sign if Leeds bring back dizzy penalties at HT :lol: