2022 - 2023 Transfer Rumours and Squad Discussions

Leeds United news here, transfer rumours, club affairs, players, fans, etc.
Specific match discussions should go in the category below.
Barlow Boy
LUFCTALK Moderator

Re: 2022 - 2023 Transfer Rumours and Squad Discussions

Post by Barlow Boy »

As I’ve said umpteen times in various threads, watching Kalvin walking round the pitch after the Brighton game I knew he was gone. It was a matter of time, where and how much.

No great surprise on the timing, absolutely zero surprise on the destination, but that fee is a real surprise. Ok, he doesn’t get goals or assists, and I’m not claiming he is in the same bracket as Declan Rice (he isn’t) but he is still one of the best defensive midfielders around and City have had our pants down with £45M.
When you retire, you switch bosses - from the one that hired you, to the one that married you.
Aqua-
Simon Grayson's Hairdresser

Post by Aqua- »

@BB i disagree about the Rice-KP value, but lets pass on it.
I think that 45mil is really low. Can't see why we sell for anything less than 65mil. I personally think he's worth 80mil+ for a manager like pep who knows what he's doing.
Absolutely bad business imo.
saihtam
Brian McDermott's optician

Post by saihtam »

Board is to blame for the price. Not because they accepted the current one, but they did not give KP contract that he deserved. KP should have been on PL wages long time ago and that would have upped the price.
judy
Allan Clarke's tissue supplier

Post by judy »

After this deal, my trust in Orta, Kinnear etc has totally evaporated. Had we got 60 + million I could have accepted Phillips had gone and be happy for him, but I just feel cheated now. If any club has the means to pay, it is the mega rich Man City. He will no doubt thrive under Pep and become an even better player than he was under Bielsa and I shall just be annoyed at how we let him go for such a measly sum!
Davycc
LUFCTALK Moderator

Post by Davycc »

Barlow Boy wrote:As I’ve said umpteen times in various threads, watching Kalvin walking round the pitch after the Brighton game I knew he was gone. It was a matter of time, where and how much.

No great surprise on the timing, absolutely zero surprise on the destination, but that fee is a real surprise. Ok, he doesn’t get goals or assists, and I’m not claiming he is in the same bracket as Declan Rice (he isn’t) but he is still one of the best defensive midfielders around and City have had our pants down with £45M.
As I've said before my daughter was at the game and said the same thing when she phoned me after the game She was so sure she was crying.
All at Amazon Books

The Funny Corner
When Santa Got Stuck Up The Chimney
The Thrones Murders
DominanceUK
Arthur Fairclough's milliner

Post by DominanceUK »

£5m for a youth player whose contract runs out in 12 months :crazy:
Metro1962
Simon Grayson's Hairdresser

Post by Metro1962 »

So for 45million City get KP and what do we get in return Darko Gyabi leaves City's academy and join Leeds for £5m. :crazy:

Is there something going on behind the scenes we do not know about?
Another Northern Soul
LUFCTALK Moderator

Post by Another Northern Soul »

Metro1962 wrote:So for 45million City get KP and what do we get in return Darko Gyabi leaves City's academy and join Leeds for £5m. :crazy:

Is there something going on behind the scenes we do not know about?
What was your comment about Vinnie Jones on that other thread, mate? Please respond.
Davycc
LUFCTALK Moderator

Post by Davycc »

Davycc wrote:
Barlow Boy wrote:As I’ve said umpteen times in various threads, watching Kalvin walking round the pitch after the Brighton game I knew he was gone. It was a matter of time, where and how much.

As I've said before my daughter was at the game and said the same thing when she phoned me after the game She was so sure she was crying.
Whatsapp from that game.

All at Amazon Books

The Funny Corner
When Santa Got Stuck Up The Chimney
The Thrones Murders
Davycc
LUFCTALK Moderator

Post by Davycc »

Time of the message was a bit relevant too
All at Amazon Books

The Funny Corner