The Rugby League thread

The place to discuss anything that isn't football or LUFC
Sheepy
LUFCTALK Admin

The Rugby League thread

Post by Sheepy »

We used to have a thread on the old forum platform for a good bit of Rugby League banter so thought it was worthy of resurrection!

Some good games at the weekend, best one was Cas beating Wigan at the death, cracking match!

So this is the place, I suppose we can start with just finding out who we all support?

But to break the ice, here is a cracking bit of commentary from back in the day when an in-house commentary team could be as biased as they liked, this is brilliant!

Aces
Don Revie's bingo caller

Re: The Rugby League thread

Post by Aces »

Leeds Rhinos are looking better this year, let's hope they can win a cup or two. :thumbup:
We are Leeds, we have to believe our new players are good enough, encourage and support them and help them grow in to a team to be reckoned with. MoT
Mr Russell
LUFCTALK Moderator

Post by Mr Russell »

In Australia (NRL) - Manly Sea Eagles

In England - Leeds Rhinos and Keighley Cougars
Owners come and go but Leeds United will be there forever, for the fans - keep Marching on Together.
The Johnson
Raich Carter's Contract Agent

Post by The Johnson »

The might Vodafone Warriors are in for another season of mediocrity. But that's why we love them.
RamseyWhite
Howard Wilkinson's military attaché

Post by RamseyWhite »

That Rhino's match at Huddersfield was something special and the result was in doubt right to the end, a draw was fair.
Mr Russell
LUFCTALK Moderator

Post by Mr Russell »

NRL news

Great win by the Manly Sea Eagles over South Sydney on Friday night 14-12 lucky for us Sam Burgess decided to use his mouth instead of his skill.

James Graham (England international) has signed a 4yr deal with the Canterbury Bulldogs worth about $2.8 million, not bad eh?

Brisbane Broncos and the St George Illawarra Dragons are top of the table with 2 wins each (only 2 round played), they accounted for North Queensland Cowboys 16-12 and the NZ Warriors (Sorry TJ they were woeful but Sam Tomkins scored his first try) 31-12.
Parramatta after beating the Warriors last weekend 36-16 lost this week 56-4 to they Sydney Roosters.
Owners come and go but Leeds United will be there forever, for the fans - keep Marching on Together.
The Johnson
Raich Carter's Contract Agent

Post by The Johnson »

Mr Russell wrote:NRL news

Great win by the Manly Sea Eagles over South Sydney on Friday night 14-12 lucky for us Sam Burgess decided to use his mouth instead of his skill.

James Graham (England international) has signed a 4yr deal with the Canterbury Bulldogs worth about $2.8 million, not bad eh?

Brisbane Broncos and the St George Illawarra Dragons are top of the table with 2 wins each (only 2 round played), they accounted for North Queensland Cowboys 16-12 and the NZ Warriors (Sorry TJ they were woeful but Sam Tomkins scored his first try) 31-12.
Parramatta after beating the Warriors last weekend 36-16 lost this week 56-4 to they Sydney Roosters.
I went to the game mate at Eden Park. And you're right, we were really off the pace. I'm no league expert but we look weak on defence and devoid of ideas going forward. Tomkins did well for the try but just can't catch the high ball, which in the NRL is a big disadvantage for a fullback, because now that's all they are going to pepper him with!
Mr Russell
LUFCTALK Moderator

Post by Mr Russell »

The Johnson wrote:
Mr Russell wrote:NRL news

I went to the game mate at Eden Park. And you're right, we were really off the pace. I'm no league expert but we look weak on defence and devoid of ideas going forward. Tomkins did well for the try but just can't catch the high ball, which in the NRL is a big disadvantage for a fullback, because now that's all they are going to pepper him with!
That is a worry if he's no good under the high ball. Can't believe the Warriors have dropped my favourite player (in their team) Konrad Hurrell, last year he was a monster and the way he scored that try vs Souths when he ran over Inglis was a joy to watch.
Deleted User 1076

Post by Deleted User 1076 »

Top video, Sheepy, lol
Barlow Boy
LUFCTALK Moderator

Post by Barlow Boy »

Great video Sheepy, unless I'm mistaken that's the Regal Trophy final (although I could be wrong), with Mick Morgan on commentary.
When you retire, you switch bosses - from the one that hired you, to the one that married you.