2022 - 2023 Transfer Rumours and Squad Discussions

Leeds United news here, transfer rumours, club affairs, players, fans, etc.
Specific match discussions should go in the category below.
MOT1964
Dick Ray's Talent Spotter

Re: 2022 - 2023 Transfer Rumours and Squad Discussions

Post by MOT1964 »

NIK MOT wrote:Just reported: Leeds United and Barcelona have finally reached a €60m (£50.7m) agreement for Raphinha, according to 90min. It looks as if Andrea Radrizzani and the Whites will receive just over £50m for their star attacker in what will be a 16% discount on Chelsea’s £60m offer.
https://www.footballtransfertavern.com/ ... er-gossip/

Why? Why? Cannot believe it! :sick: :thumbdown: :crazy:
It may be true, but 90mins reported this on Saturday morning.

As far as I'm aware there have been no new developments today.

90min shared a story on Saturday morning regarding Raphinha’s future and a move to Barcelona.

They claimed that Leeds have accepted a revised offer from Xavi’s side worth €60m (£50.7m). The Catalan giants will reportedly stagger payments, with various performance-related add-ons also included.
PhoenixUnited

Post by PhoenixUnited »

My feeling on the Raphinha transfer situation is "meh". Also, I think i'll feel the same once the transfer is done and dusted. A case of thank you and goodbye and also in this instance good luck. No point in getting into a lather over the fee received 8-). Let's move on - there is a new season (in the Premier League! :thumbup: ) to look forward starting in less than a month......
Keep The Faith / WAL
Davycc
LUFCTALK Moderator

Post by Davycc »

PhoenixUnited wrote:My feeling on the Raphinha transfer situation is "meh". Also, I think i'll feel the same once the transfer is done and dusted. A case of thank you and goodbye and also in this instance good luck. No point in getting into a lather over the fee received 8-). Let's move on - there is a new season (in the Premier League! :thumbup: ) to look forward starting in less than a month......
This.
All at Amazon Books

The Funny Corner
When Santa Got Stuck Up The Chimney
The Thrones Murders
NIK MOT
Paul Heckingbottom's career advisor

Post by NIK MOT »

PhoenixUnited wrote:My feeling on the Raphinha transfer situation is "meh". Also, I think i'll feel the same once the transfer is done and dusted. A case of thank you and goodbye and also in this instance good luck. No point in getting into a lather over the fee received 8-). Let's move on - there is a new season (in the Premier League! :thumbup: ) to look forward starting in less than a month......
Good point, agree! :thumbup:
mapperleywhite
Raich Carter's Contract Agent

Post by mapperleywhite »

superfox wrote:Lewis Bate was left out too.
Looks like a loan for him, and I'm not sure it's the right thing.
Just like he lost one year.
Missed that. Looks like Archie Gray is ahead of him in the pecking order.
Might have to take an interest in the Premier League now....
blackbox2342
Jimmy Armfield's cardigan knitter

Post by blackbox2342 »

Leeds United still want to sign another midfielder, left-back and experienced goalkeeper on top of a new striker, according to The Daily Mail.
Could still be busy if this is true!
MOT1964

Post by MOT1964 »

Ben Jacobs
@JacobsBen

Can confirm Leeds and Barcelona have finally reached an agreement this evening for Raphinha. My understanding is the €50 million + 10 fee is incorrect (Leeds rejected that offer quite some time ago) and the deal is actually worth close to €75 million.
Selby White
LUFCTALK Moderator

Post by Selby White »

MOT1964 wrote:Ben Jacobs
@JacobsBen

Can confirm Leeds and Barcelona have finally reached an agreement this evening for Raphinha. My understanding is the €50 million + 10 fee is incorrect (Leeds rejected that offer quite some time ago) and the deal is actually worth close to €75 million.
Thanks for the update MOT, sounds more like it :thumbup:
Keep your face always toward the sunshine - and shadows will fall behind you.
HalifaxWhite
David O'Leary's baby-sitter

Post by HalifaxWhite »

MOT1964 wrote:Ben Jacobs
@JacobsBen

I read the same thing this morning. Still won't take it as certain until Fabrizio himself states it. Certainly more like the fee we wanted though, great to see the club stand their ground and get the money expected even though we have already signed a replacement. Good for all parties (except Barca who are likely going to Bankrupt themselves)
HalifaxWhite
David O'Leary's baby-sitter

Post by HalifaxWhite »

Fabrizio now confirmed the deal is happening €72 millionguaranteed plus add ons. Happy with that for a player we paid £17 million for 2 years ago.