Raphinha

Leeds United news here, transfer rumours, club affairs, players, fans, etc.
Specific match discussions should go in the category below.
Barlow Boy
LUFCTALK Moderator

Re: Raphinha

Post by Barlow Boy »

PhoenixUnited wrote:
The Fonz wrote:
PhoenixUnited wrote:If Raphinha is that set on joining Barca, and his Agent - who will earn a bundle wherever his client lands - is that determined to get him there, there is a simple solution with regard to the shortfall on what the offer is from Barca and Chelsea have put on the table.
The player and his representative can stump up the difference! But then it's always much, much easy to throw away someone else's money isn't it? Ain't going to happen I know but Leeds should not be taking a financial hit over this transfer.
Raphinha has asked to be excused the Australia trip which the Club seem to have agreed to. They are doing right by him but there seems to be a deadline for resolving this i.e. Barca match the Chelsea offer from what I am reading by this weekend. Perhaps this will be sorted by Monday?
You are correct Phoenix, problem solved if Raph and his agent stump up the money.
Excused from the AUS trip, hope he is doing the honourable thing and not claiming his salary.
Snowball's chance in hell methinks! :D
:lol: :lol: :lol:
When you retire, you switch bosses - from the one that hired you, to the one that married you.
PhoenixUnited
Dick Ray's Talent Spotter

Post by PhoenixUnited »

It would be a real laugh if Chelsea were to bump up their offer if, as being reported, Barca have increased theirs to match what Chelsea offered initially :D
I don't have a problem accepting that there are bigger fish in the pond with deeper pockets (never seen a fish with pockets but I digress :D ) that can buy whatever we have but when someone tries to rob you blind it ain't right or acceptable which is what the Barca bid feels like.
I have no doubt that Raphinha will end up at Barca. It all depends on what our Board has the stomach to fight for or is prepared to accept. I suspect the fee agreed will be less that the £60m that Chelsea have apparently offered
Keep The Faith / WAL
awost1
Neil Redfearn's diversity coach

Post by awost1 »

Looks like 60M from what I read. All in all, good business for a player that some thought was going to leave for 20M if relegation happened. Still +40M on the player across 2 years of service.
PhoenixUnited
Dick Ray's Talent Spotter

Post by PhoenixUnited »

awost1 wrote: 13 Jul 2022, 12:55 Looks like 60M from what I read. All in all, good business for a player that some thought was going to leave for 20M if relegation happened. Still +40M on the player across 2 years of service.
It's all academic now but Sky are reporting that the deal is £49m plus add-ons to take the fee to potentially £55m which does not look like a fee of £60m matching the Chelsea offer. Also need to take off the sell on fee to Rennes - whatever that is.
I hope there is no sting in the tail when Barca renege on the Agreement and fail to cough up what they owe :roll:
Glad he was here, happy with what he did on the pitch and now is adios y buena suerte. Todos seguimos adelante. (Goodbye and good luck. We all move on)
I am bored of the whole saga TBH.
Keep The Faith / WAL