2022 - 2023 Transfer Rumours and Squad Discussions

Leeds United news here, transfer rumours, club affairs, players, fans, etc.
Specific match discussions should go in the category below.
awost1
Neil Redfearn's diversity coach

Re: 2022 - 2023 Transfer Rumours and Squad Discussions

Post by awost1 »

superfox wrote: 21 Aug 2022, 11:05
SiMamu wrote: 21 Aug 2022, 09:45
Ricardo Da Lepp wrote: 21 Aug 2022, 09:39 Christian Pulisic from Chelsea is a name that's popped up a few times lately.
Chelsea have said they won't lend him to "the Manchester side" (with some weird rumours of him being involved in a swap deal with Harry Maguire).
It looks like they want to sell him if anything.

Pulisic looks good to me and would be another American (USMNT) in the side. He could be a good fit for us. Any thoughts?
I feel like this would've been a more feasible option before signing Sinisterra and renewing Summerville's contract (and giving him number 10), now we're probably adequately stacked out wide.
Agree, there would be no logic in getting Pulisic. Especially as I read somewhere he wants to go for a side playing in the Champions League.
Sorry chaps, but this is a bad take. If Christian put on our shirt, he’d instantly be the most technically gifted and creative player we have. I actually think this would be an incredibly astute buy. He fits our age profile and allows us to play Harrison on the left, pulisic in the middle, aaronson on the right, and rodrigo/bamford up top. Upgrading from Dan James to Pulisic would be a huge increase in quality, and moves aaronson back to his natural spot. I love the kid, but he’s not a CAM. Pulisic is a much better fit as the 10.

He will press like a demon and he’s a solid chemistry fit with Tyler and Brenden. He will also retain value to sell on if you feel like he’s blocking the way, or he could be a replacement for Harrison if you want to move on him for high value next summer.
Tedbaker
Brian McDermott's optician

Post by Tedbaker »

I was trying to put together a starting 11 for Barnsley without using the starting 11 versus Chelsea. The area which I thought was most difficult was the CBs with Cooper and Ayling injured. We talk about striker and LB, but if Llorente or Koch pick up an injury we are exposed. I think letting Cresswell warm the bench at Millwall was probably a mistake. Then we have Leo but given his experience, CB might be a bit of an ask. I guess Struijk would move inside and Leo plays on the left, but the point is that both Llorente and Koch both have had injuries in the past and to my eyes we look a bit thin here.
saihtam

Post by saihtam »

I would not go for striker to be honest. Rodrigo confidence will hit bottom if there is big buy for first team striker. It is risky but we have enough depth in forward to risk it. I would splash all that money on left back that we really need.

Pulisic would amazing capture for the club. The shirt sale, the resale value, the technique he will bring would high level. He would regain confidence playing and would love a bit more closer to home teammates. Only sad thing is that we are stacked a bit there and it would mean someone will be benched. But if Rodrigo and Bammy will be sharing striker place then it would work out. (Not fan of Bammy striker and Rodrigo behind him)
But with him, the issue will be wage and price. If he cuts it then it can be good. Just like Werner did.
Barlow Boy
LUFCTALK Moderator

Post by Barlow Boy »

Is this Pulisic rumour just made up on here, or are some real facts being banded around.

The bookies have us around 28/1 to sign him, possible but unlikely.
When you retire, you switch bosses - from the one that hired you, to the one that married you.
West beach white
Paul Heckingbottom's career advisor

Post by West beach white »

Barlow Boy wrote: 21 Aug 2022, 22:42
West beach white wrote: 21 Aug 2022, 22:35 Is pascal Struijk becoming the best left back at the club. I've been very impressed with him so far. I'll admit I was concerned about his lack of pace playing there.
Absolutely not, he is doing exceptional work there, but eventually it will catch us out.

Pascal is NOT a left back.
So you think firpo is a better option ?
Or someone else?
superfox
Simon Grayson's Hairdresser

Post by superfox »

Barlow Boy wrote: 22 Aug 2022, 08:20 Is this Pulisic rumour just made up on here, or are some real facts being banded around.

As usual, no serious sources have confirmed it, but many people like to dream (but then one could dream of better players than Pulisic).
The latest info is that Pulisic is not going to Leeds, but nowhere, he is staying at Chelsea.
Leonickroberts
Jimmy Armfield's cardigan knitter

Post by Leonickroberts »

superfox wrote: 22 Aug 2022, 08:32
Barlow Boy wrote: 22 Aug 2022, 08:20 Is this Pulisic rumour just made up on here, or are some real facts being banded around.

As usual, no serious sources have confirmed it, but many people like to dream (but then one could dream of better players than Pulisic).
The latest info is that Pulisic is not going to Leeds, but nowhere, he is staying at Chelsea.
No, exactly Superfox - lazy journalism or at most agents trying to drum up interest. He's on a reported £145k p/w, which would make him comprehensively the highest paid player at the club. Not going to happen for me, much as I'd love it to.
'When he plays on snow, he doesn't leave any footprints’
saihtam

Post by saihtam »

Leonickroberts wrote: 22 Aug 2022, 09:10
superfox wrote: 22 Aug 2022, 08:32

No, exactly Superfox - lazy journalism or at most agents trying to drum up interest. He's on a reported £145k p/w, which would make him comprehensively the highest paid player at the club. Not going to happen for me, much as I'd love it to.
Ofcourse it wont happen 99%. But players take cuts to get game time. WC is coming up and he needs it.
awost1
Neil Redfearn's diversity coach

Post by awost1 »

Tedbaker wrote: 22 Aug 2022, 05:30 I was trying to put together a starting 11 for Barnsley without using the starting 11 versus Chelsea. The area which I thought was most difficult was the CBs with Cooper and Ayling injured. We talk about striker and LB, but if Llorente or Koch pick up an injury we are exposed. I think letting Cresswell warm the bench at Millwall was probably a mistake. Then we have Leo but given his experience, CB might be a bit of an ask. I guess Struijk would move inside and Leo plays on the left, but the point is that both Llorente and Koch both have had injuries in the past and to my eyes we look a bit thin here.
Well, to be fair, if we had a left back, struijk is a center back.
saihtam wrote: 22 Aug 2022, 10:11 [quote=Leonickroberts post_id=258388 time=<a href="tel:1661159439">1661159439</a> user_id=1081]
[quote=superfox post_id=258383 time=<a href="tel:1661157137">1661157137</a> user_id=5110]
[quote="Barlow Boy" post_id=258380 time=<a href="tel:1661156426">1661156426</a> user_id=1454]
Is this Pulisic rumour just made up on here, or are some real facts being banded around.

[/quote]

[/quote]
Ofcourse it wont happen 99%. But players take cuts to get game time. WC is coming up and he needs it.
[/quote]

I mean, you could ask him to take a cut and offer to resell in a summer if the player desires to increase wage and we aren’t willing to meet. The word is Pulisic wants game time to play into form for the WC. What better place to do so than with 2 other starting XI USMNT players? I think the pitch to the player is arguably the simplest part here. It’s a take it or leave it pitch and we certainly have playing time for someone of that quality.
The Fonz
Eddie Gray's leftorium proprietor

Post by The Fonz »

superfox wrote: 21 Aug 2022, 21:00
blackbox2342 wrote: 21 Aug 2022, 20:55 I think we could do without a LB (though I would like one) but ST is an absolute must. We need cover in this area and I actually think it'd benefit Bamford's recovery as he wouldn't have the pressure to return. Let's see what happens as the window enters its final phase.
So help me out please: we need a striker in case Bamford, Rodrigo and Gelhardt are all injured at once, to block the road of Perkins? But we do not need a left back in the case Firpo, Struijk and Hjelde is out at once, and there is no young LB at all?
Perkins actually played in the deeper road Joseph is the u21 striker but agree with your comments.