M. Farnan's Consortium

Leeds United news here, transfer rumours, club affairs, players, fans, etc.
Specific match discussions should go in the category below.
NikosAGr1985
Simon Grayson's Hairdresser

Re: M. Farnan's Consortium

Post by NikosAGr1985 »

davidbattyspants wrote:I think the fact that a consortium was unable to compete with Cellino is the reason nobody thinks they have any money.
This, however, is based on a totally wrong assumption: The money you give to buy a company, doesn't have anything to do with the money you invest on it. You might buy LUFC for free and put billions in it (Welcome Messi!) and backwards.
I can't help but think that Cellinos' big offer had everything to do with the legal trouble he is into. Meaning he wanted to use us as a great club to put some pressure on those judges. After all as it appears, he is prosecuted/investigated for a number of other offences.
Now it's just a thought I know, but look at the way Berlusconi used Milan, too.
As it seems, all went wrong for him. Can't say I am sad. I feared for our future with him.
Massimo Cellino: "I 've bought garbage players with the McCormack money".
Deleted User 1076

Post by Deleted User 1076 »

But if they were prepared to invest millions into the club, why balk at an increased asking price?
NikosAGr1985

Post by NikosAGr1985 »

Who said "they were prepared to invest millions into the club"? They are businessmen as well. They look to make a profit above everything else. If they think a company is overpriced (ie the sum you ll have to pay to buy it and the money you ll have to put in directly to keep it afloat) why bother? They will wait and see. And if the competitor can't buy the club after all, then make a move.
For a smaller price than the previous made, as everyone can imagine.
Deleted User 1076

Which brings us back to them not putting money into the club.
NikosAGr1985

Post by NikosAGr1985 »

Where we are now financially, thanks to Bates/GFH management of the clubs finances, leads me to prefer someone with experience, knowledge, skills and proven affection for our club, than someone with money.
Don't you think GFH have money? Or even Bates?
We need stability, a careful plan, we need someone that can steady the ship now, so that we can focus on the football again. We don't need lunatics with money upsetting our club.
Can anyone offer this to Leeds? I' d be happy to have him as owner.
Needless to say, I don't know if Farnan/Verity/whoever are near that. That's why I am saying we need to find anything on those guys.
Deleted User 1076

We have been needing "stability" for 15 years. No, we need investment at a sensible level.
NikosAGr1985

Post by NikosAGr1985 »

davidbattyspants wrote:We have been needing "stability" for 15 years. No, we need investment at a sensible level.
I think that's a pretty good description of what stability means. :)
Deleted User 2

Post by Deleted User 2 »

None of us know how much money the Farnan group have, so it's all speculation, but through the nature of the set up (a group of investors, third party/loan financing), and how they weren't entertained once Cellino entered the picture, it can somewhat be surmised that their offer and plans future spend would be very much efficiency and economy-oriented, rather than Cellino's approach (and ability, maybe ultimately) of instantly plugging whatever hole needed plugging in the budget and moving on to expenditures.

I don't think anyone is outright dismissive of Together Leeds at the moment, but Cellino's failure has put us in a situation where GFH will probably be forced to listen to more offers than they were last year, and surely competition to buying Leeds can only be beneficial. Ultimately, if the new owner(s) power their purchase through external funds, or need to divide the financial effort to multiple individuals or companies, then they won't be that different from GFH. With all the good will and passion that a local person might bring, it's hard cash we need right now, so I think we're right to be circumspect of all the new suitors.
Independent Republic
Eddie Gray's leftorium proprietor

Post by Independent Republic »

If you were a shrewd investor I think you would be waiting in the wings until GFH are on their knees and then come in at the 11th hour to make the kill. However, this leads me to think that there will be numerous types of vultures hovering over our withering body.

It's hard to be positive at this time. We need investment urgently in some shape or form as it appears GFH haven't a red cent left. That's what happens when you come to a high stakes poker game with your communion money!
Year Zero ITK
George Graham's Crombie cleaner

Post by Year Zero ITK »

Together Leeds reportedly had the money ready to buy the maj share of the club last November. Andy Flowers was paying the bills too, before Haigh turncoated him in favour of Cellino.