The blahblah of the forum

The place to discuss anything that isn't football or LUFC
Davycc
LUFCTALK Moderator

Re: The blabla of the forum

Post by Davycc »

Sheepy wrote:Anyone getting sick of cold callers? One guy just ring me up and opened things with this line:

'Hello Sir, I am ringing from SuchandSuch company, have you heard about the governments solar panel energy scheme'.

Here we go again....

So I replied

'I am not really interested'

He replied

'Can I ask you why not'.

So I said

'I'm not really into energy conservation, infact I am trying to use more energy than I require by leaving lights on and running the hot water tap through the night'.

To which the bloke replied

'Ok sir, thank you for your time'.

I advise anyone else to use this because it works and its damn funny hearing their reactions!
try answering everything with just the word "no" great fun, especially if it does not make sense.

either that or when they ask if that's Mr so and so or if the householder tell them you can't tell them as your burgling the house and can't give your name out.
All at Amazon Books

The Funny Corner
When Santa Got Stuck Up The Chimney
The Thrones Murders
Selby White
LUFCTALK Moderator

Post by Selby White »

Davycc wrote:
Sheepy wrote:Anyone getting sick of cold callers? One guy just ring me up and opened things with this line:

'Hello Sir, I am ringing from SuchandSuch company, have you heard about the governments solar panel energy scheme'.

Here we go again....

So I replied

'I am not really interested'

He replied

'Can I ask you why not'.

So I said

'I'm not really into energy conservation, infact I am trying to use more energy than I require by leaving lights on and running the hot water tap through the night'.

To which the bloke replied

'Ok sir, thank you for your time'.

I advise anyone else to use this because it works and its damn funny hearing their reactions!
try answering everything with just the word "no" great fun, especially if it does not make sense.

either that or when they ask if that's Mr so and so or if the householder tell them you can't tell them as your burgling the house and can't give your name out.

Just tell them you are interested but ask where they are going to put the panels has you live in a ground floor flat and dont have a roof.
Keep your face always toward the sunshine - and shadows will fall behind you.
big jon
Allan Clarke's tissue supplier

Post by big jon »

cold callers..ggrrrr especially when they ring about 9pm. I look at the number, answer, say hello and let them start and then start speaking welsh. All of a sudden there's this awkward silence so I start again. Then they hang up :thumbup:
mapperleywhite
Raich Carter's Contract Agent

Post by mapperleywhite »

I remember a sales call about conservatories.

I let the person do their sales pitch. We went through the questions on the script. We probably talked for about 10 minutes.

We were at the point of fixing up an appointment for an estimate, when I thought it fair to point out I live in a second floor apartment........
Might have to take an interest in the Premier League now....
NottinghamWhite
LUFCTALK Admin

Post by NottinghamWhite »

mapperleywhite wrote:I remember a sales call about conservatories.

I let the person do their sales pitch. We went through the questions on the script. We probably talked for about 10 minutes.

We were at the point of fixing up an appointment for an estimate, when I thought it fair to point out I live in a second floor apartment........

:lol: :lol:
Winner of the Europa League
Maplewhite
Jimmy Armfield's cardigan knitter

Post by Maplewhite »

Speaking of telemarketers, I came across this a few years ago - bear with the quality of the recording, it's bloody funny. :thumbup:

http://www.metacafe.com/watch/740134/te ... _hilarius/
The generation that doesn't study history has no past nor a future
SMorientes
Dick Ray's Talent Spotter

Post by SMorientes »

Just was wondering around the internet looking for lufc stuff to read since no-one's posting that much on here today and I'm proper bored doing well tedious stuff at work. Read a bit of square ball stuff and noticed they had a forum aswell, looked at the Leicester game thread and thought the opinions on the game were sensible and intelligent so I thought, oh this forum might be alright, might have a look on here occasionally. Then I had a look at one of their other popular threads and I wished I was back on here. Regular blatant, unmoderated racism and casually sexist posts, uncalled-for hateful abuse galore. What a horrible place. Something surprised me though, I rarely refrain from using bad language in general life, unless I'm around children or in a professional environment, I thought I had no problem with swearing whatsoever; however it really does alter the tone and atmosphere of a forum when the language is clean. When every other word is an obscenity it becomes terribly abrasive and unpleasant. It reminded me what a good job the mods do on here to keep the place 'family friendly' and enjoyable for all. :thumbup:
This forum's the only place for me, sorry for venturing elsewhere, it won't happen again. I've learnt my lesson, honest.
"Whenever people agree with me, I always feel I must be wrong."
Deleted User 130

Post by Deleted User 130 »

BAN HIM mods, do it now please! :P
johnh
Bielsa's English Teacher

Post by johnh »

There was a series of letters in my daily paper recently about how to respond to cold callers. One correspondent said that he always interrupts the cold caller by saying 'before you go on, can I just talk to you about God'. Apparently, they hang up every time.
I once played against Don Revie.
SMorientes
Dick Ray's Talent Spotter

Post by SMorientes »

johnh wrote:There was a series of letters in my daily paper recently about how to respond to cold callers. One correspondent said that he always interrupts the cold caller by saying 'before you go on, can I just talk to you about God'. Apparently, they hang up every time.
:thumbup: ask them if they have accepted Christ Jesus as their personal saviour yet. :D
"Whenever people agree with me, I always feel I must be wrong."