Financial Fair Play

Leeds United news here, transfer rumours, club affairs, players, fans, etc.
Specific match discussions should go in the category below.
Deleted User 2747

Re: Financial Fair Play

Post by Deleted User 2747 »

Year Zero ITK wrote:UNfair as it all seems, I've always been of the opinion that docking points or disallowing promotion/honours etc for financial irregularities isn't the right way to punish a club. I'd love to see qpr strongly dealt with but only in money terms.

In an ideal world yes, but do these financial sanctions actually have any effect as a deterrent! In fact is there a feasible and effective way to deter this money madness in football. I'm led to believe it's worse here in the UK than in Europe!
SG90
Raich Carter's Contract Agent

Post by SG90 »

Why do clubs need parachute payments anyway? Cardiff have got £62m in TV money from coming bottom and now they're already trying to buy their way out of the league. It's a joke, simply unfair and there's no level playing field.
Deleted User 2747

SG90 wrote:Why do clubs need parachute payments anyway? Cardiff have got £62m in TV money from coming bottom and now they're already trying to buy their way out of the league. It's a joke, simply unfair and
there's no level playing field

That is the key issue, they have a massive advantage over the other clubs in the Championship!
Year Zero ITK
George Graham's Crombie cleaner

Post by Year Zero ITK »

I know it doesn't feel like this to we the fans, but football clubs' aspirations are honours which equal financial rewards. And even Ma City will be stung a little bit by the big fine imposed by UEFA. It's a thin line between business and sport and there are many instances where it all merges. I just think that the financial penalisations hit the clubs rather than the fans, which is a better option in my book.
Year Zero ITK

Post by Year Zero ITK »

Is penalisation even a word? :lol:
johnh
Bielsa's English Teacher

Post by johnh »

Year Zero ITK wrote:Is penalisation even a word? :lol:
Its the same as the penalisations the refs' award for a foul in the penalty area. :D
I once played against Don Revie.
Year Zero ITK

Post by Year Zero ITK »

johnh wrote:
Its the same as the penalisations the refs' award for a foul in the penalty area. :D
As long as I haven't been penalted for my crime :clap: :D
Deleted User 2747

Well it should be!! :thumbup: