The Leeds United image thread

Leeds United news here, transfer rumours, club affairs, players, fans, etc.
Specific match discussions should go in the category below.
Deleted User 2747

Picture Gallery

Post by Deleted User 2747 »

As an ex professional photographer, I am partial to a good 'snap', so have taken it upon myself to try to start a picture gallery, as a place to share great footballing images. Here is my first offering:

THE GOOD

THE SAD

and THE UGLY

The one and only Alan Smith.
Aces
Don Revie's bingo caller

Re: Picture Gallery

Post by Aces »

I know it's not popular amongst a lot of Leeds fans to like Smithy, but I've got no problems with him at all. I hear over and over about players short careers and trying to get as much money as possible before they quickly retire, so Smithy achieving this is ok with me. Yes, it wasn't nice him signing for Man U, but just who amongst us would turn down several million pounds to play for the best club in the country? I don't see Man U being our rivals, I know a lot of our fans hate them, I detest them winning things all the time, that's why I detest Liverpool, who were our rivals when the Leeds Legends were playing. I think Smithy has done incredibly well for himself and I don't begrudge him for that, because unlike most of the current team, he did give his all for Leeds united.
We are Leeds, we have to believe our new players are good enough, encourage and support them and help them grow in to a team to be reckoned with. MoT
Deleted User 2747

Aces wrote:I know it's not popular amongst a lot of Leeds fans to like Smithy, but I've got no problems with him at all. I hear over and over about players short careers and trying to get as much money as possible before they quickly retire, so Smithy achieving this is ok with me. Yes, it wasn't nice him signing for Man U, but just who amongst us would turn down several million pounds to play for the best club in the country? I don't see Man U being our rivals, I know a lot of our fans hate them, I detest them winning things all the time, that's why I detest Liverpool, who were our rivals when the Leeds Legends were playing. I think Smithy has done incredibly well for himself and I don't begrudge him for that, because unlike most of the current team,
he did give his all for Leeds united.

You know what they say, some pictures can tell a thousand words. (Sometimes it's a pack of lies, admittedly), but I think the second picture says it all really!

I never had the heart to think badly of Smithy when he went to Man U, cos his heart was most definitely with Leeds and we know, more now about how much these sales were manipulated for the money.
Sheepy
LUFCTALK Admin

Post by Sheepy »

Another two Leeds lads here, love this picture:

Deleted User 2747

Have you seen this?

Norwegian Bubble Football - Apparently!
NottinghamWhite
LUFCTALK Admin

Post by NottinghamWhite »

Winner of the Europa League
NottinghamWhite
LUFCTALK Admin

Deleted User 2747

What year/s were those from? I never knew that we used to play in red all those years ago, I must have been a wee young thing then!
Sheepy
LUFCTALK Admin

Post by Sheepy »

Frankie wrote:What year/s were those from? I never knew that we used to play in red all those years ago, I must have been a wee young thing then!
Must be 1971, cos we played them in the 71 Fairs Cup Final.

init?
NottinghamWhite
LUFCTALK Admin

A little known fact that we played in red, more often just the socks. We also once had an orange away shirt that only had the one appearance for 20 points why just the once & secondly who was it against for another 20 points :D