Where will we finish this season ?

Leeds United news here, transfer rumours, club affairs, players, fans, etc.
Specific match discussions should go in the category below.

Where will we finish this season ?

Automatic Promotion
8%
Play Offs
42%
Mid Table Obscurity
50%
Relegation
No votes

Total votes: 50

Mr Russell
LUFCTALK Moderator

Re: Where will we finish this season ?

Post by Mr Russell »

Oh goody a poll :D
Closer to the play offs this year but we need some more signings to have any chance of getting higher.
Owners come and go but Leeds United will be there forever, for the fans - keep Marching on Together.
Costy
Dick Ray's Talent Spotter

Post by Costy »

As the squad stands l'd say about 10th, but if 2 new decent players were added I think a play off push could be squeezed out of them
fo fresh
Luke Aylings Scrunchie maker

Post by fo fresh »

Hoping for playoffs but head says mid table,badly need a natural fox in the box goalscorer
isrodger
Howard Wilkinson's military attaché

Post by isrodger »

Difficult to answer can't really comment on the new signings however my gut is that murphey will add to the squad hunt and smith may not. Versus Last years full seasons team we swapped McDermott for warnock ( like for like in terms of track record?)& we have added warnock and lost bechio. Sadly without bechios goals we would have been relegated! I thought we were unlucky post Xmas and lucky prior to Xmas as bechio got us out of jail with a goal or two. With the squad as it is mid table at best. We need the same 3 signings we have needed for a year to be in contention, without them we could be closer to relegation - it's that tight.
dskimcbski
Jimmy Armfield's cardigan knitter

Post by dskimcbski »

Ever the optimist, I'm going for play-offs. Not the way I want us to get to the Premiership but as long as we're there. Fear is, we have a crap record when it comes to play-offs. Not this team you could argue I suppose but just in general. The expectation is always so great.... :think:
'I'd rather be hated for being who I am, than loved for being someone I'm not'.
rss1969
Arthur Fairclough's milliner

Post by rss1969 »

With the addittions we currently have, I cant see us finishing above 12th place. Our back four is no better than last season, our forward line is arguably worse(minus Becchio) but we have a better manager. Lets hope for some pace down the flanks and a commanding CB prior to kick off.
Deleted User 2299

Post by Deleted User 2299 »

As it stands today, i think Leeds will finish closer to going down than up.
Vince Hilaire
Brian McDermott's optician

Post by Vince Hilaire »

Play-Offs,Easily.
any old iron
Nic
Dick Ray's Talent Spotter

Post by Nic »

The choice I wanted wasn't there. I think better than last season but not play-offs. I'd love us to go up this year or even make the play-offs but we haven't made wholesale changes in the team. However a better manager and hopefully larger crowd will mean a step-up in performances.
johnh
Bielsa's English Teacher

Post by johnh »

The transfer window has, so far, been underwhelming. At best, it has improved the squad by 5%. I think that BMcD can get more out of the squad, say 10%. I hope that a 15% improvement can squeeze us into the play-offs but I am not having a bet.
I once played against Don Revie.