Sam Byram

Leeds United news here, transfer rumours, club affairs, players, fans, etc.
Specific match discussions should go in the category below.
SiMamu
LUFCTALK Moderator

Re: Sam Byram

Post by SiMamu »

Ah, maybe Sam had that thing where you turn in your bed and it feels like you've just twisted the middle of your lower leg and it hurts like hell for a couple of seconds, where you want to stab your leg to stop it, but then the pain passes and it's just a light pain for the next day when you walk. It happens to me whenever I do physical exercise - I cite it as the reason for my laziness - so when Sam's job is physical exercise, and his body still developing as he's still a teenager, maybe he gets it too.

Not going to lie, I feel closer to Byram after that story.
"A man with new ideas is a madman. Until his ideas triumph."
The Don
Luke Aylings Scrunchie maker

Post by The Don »

SiMamu wrote:Ah, maybe Sam had that thing where you turn in your bed and it feels like you've just twisted the middle of your lower leg and it hurts like hell for a couple of seconds, where you want to stab your leg to stop it, but then the pain passes and it's just a light pain for the next day when you walk. It happens to me whenever I do physical exercise - I cite it as the reason for my laziness - so when Sam's job is physical exercise, and his body still developing as he's still a teenager, maybe he gets it too.

Laugh, you can't be *that* lazy coming up with an excuse as complicated as that! He probably injured himself while shagging and is too embarrassed to admit what he was getting up to.
SiMamu
LUFCTALK Moderator

Post by SiMamu »

The Don wrote:
SiMamu wrote:Ah, maybe Sam had that thing where you turn in your bed and it feels like you've just twisted the middle of your lower leg and it hurts like hell for a couple of seconds, where you want to stab your leg to stop it, but then the pain passes and it's just a light pain for the next day when you walk. It happens to me whenever I do physical exercise - I cite it as the reason for my laziness - so when Sam's job is physical exercise, and his body still developing as he's still a teenager, maybe he gets it too.

Laugh, you can't be *that* lazy coming up with an excuse as complicated as that! He probably injured himself while shagging and is too embarrassed to admit what he was getting up to.
Kevin-Prince Boateng-style.
"A man with new ideas is a madman. Until his ideas triumph."
mapperleywhite
Raich Carter's Contract Agent

Post by mapperleywhite »

Can't help but see parallels between Sam's situation and Gareth Bale. Jewel in each club's crown 'injured' at the start of the season pending a big money move.
Might have to take an interest in the Premier League now....
Pecky10
Raich Carter's Contract Agent

Post by Pecky10 »

mapperleywhite wrote:Can't help but see parallels between Sam's situation and Gareth Bale. Jewel in each club's crown 'injured' at the start of the season pending a big money move.
If any club are willing to give us £8m for a player who can't train longer than two days in a row after 4 months rest, I'd drive him there myself ;)
Deleted User 2299

Post by Deleted User 2299 »

mapperleywhite wrote:Can't help but see parallels between Sam's situation and Gareth Bale. Jewel in each club's crown 'injured' at the start of the season pending a big money move.

oh i was hoping this was leading towards Sam being a class WB and soon to be a class winger for Leeds!:)
Davycc
LUFCTALK Moderator

Post by Davycc »

Pecky10 wrote:
If any club are willing to give us £8m for a player who can't train longer than two days in a row after 4 months rest, I'd drive him there myself ;)
I'd prefer the £80m and I'd carry Sam and yourself Pecky on my back to whoever bought him.
All at Amazon Books

The Funny Corner
When Santa Got Stuck Up The Chimney
The Thrones Murders
Deleted User 2299

Post by Deleted User 2299 »

Anyone here that thinks Sam could play on the right wing? Just a thought and seeing most of you go to all the games, who better to ask? :D

MOT
isrodger
Howard Wilkinson's military attaché

Post by isrodger »

Nesslin wrote:Anyone here that thinks Sam could play on the right wing? Just a thought and seeing most of you go to all the games, who better to ask? :D

MOT
The lad is good enough to play right or central midfield for that matter. He is undoubtedly a right back, but at our level he might just add more value in midfield.
dlw10
Howard Wilkinson's military attaché

Post by dlw10 »

I don't actually think he will make a midfielder, or a winger. His strength is his stamina and his ability to overlap. He somehow gives me the impression that he is a very "upright" player and (I know it sounds daft) for that reason I don't see him in a role other than full back. Don't know why I've posted that now because I can't quite explain what I mean!!!!!