Leeds United Ladies forced to rebrand

Leeds United news here, transfer rumours, club affairs, players, fans, etc.
Specific match discussions should go in the category below.
Mellor
Raich Carter's Contract Agent

Re: Leeds United Ladies forced to rebrand

Post by Mellor »

Frankie wrote:
Mellor wrote:
SMorientes wrote:
Mellor wrote: To answer your question - the pitch always looks too big with the result that the play seems laboured. This problem doesn't exist in cycling or athletics where the events are generally shortened or different. The lack of a women's Tour De France does seem sexist though I have to say.

I watch sport for the excitement. The ladies football I have seen, on telly, isn't. Juniors playing on full size pitches has the same effect. I'm no fan of swimming in general - men or women it's pretty boring for me. I'm selective. Simple as that.

By the way Beryl Burton, one of the finest cyclists ever, held the record for most miles travelled in 12 hours for a number of years. That's cycling for you. Bradford's finest.
No need for justifications, I don't think anyone thinks you a sexist just because you don't watch women's football, very few people do. I have only ever seen a few segments of matches on tv, England ladies national team, and it wasn't terribly exciting, in many ways like watching the England men. However down at our 5-aside pitches there are often women's matches on before our game and when I watch them it's great entertainment, some very talented players there. I suspect if the women's game were given more media attention and more people were encouraged to play it would be more exciting to follow - maybe shrinking their pitch by 10 yards would help as well, who knows, a woman's average height is proportionally that much shorter.. I didn't think athletics events were changed too much for women are they? They still run 100m and throw the same javelin and jump in the same sand pit don't they? I don't watch much athletics.

Seems to me if no women's Tour de France is sexist, so is no Leeds United ladies. I have no interest in watching cycling but I'd like women to be able to compete in a Tour de France if they wish.
There's a difference between an international body failing to represent cyclists regardless of sex and a bloke withdrawing his share of the funding used to support a team which travels under the same name as the team he owns and funds. Lufc ladies hasn't really been much to do with lufc for some time has it? They became Carnegie and were on the ropes again so the club stepped in and saved them (I think) and let them use the club's name. Now the club is stepping back - presumably the ladies team generates insufficient income to survive without outside support. Outside support has arrived again I believe. Non of this is sexist behaviour. I imagine C has pulled out of the work with the folk who sleep in the crypt. I expect he's also withdrawn from whatever Haigh was doing to champion gay rights. Both those decisions are arguably worse IMO. But
in the real world
fans, some on here, are complaining about ticket prices, the loss of subsidy in the club shop on Macron products for ST holders/members and so on. How, exactly, is C supposed to meet every requirement. When all comes to all what lufc ladies need (names irrelevant surely) is money on the gate.

I wish the ex lufc ladies well. I wish the folk at the crypt well and I look forward to seeing openly gay footballers in the game. I expect C feels just the same :D

Who's real world would that be then?
How would you propose to meet the many and varied requirements of lufc fans whilst balancing the books (there or thereabouts). Lufc ladies is but one demand on the lufc pot. Help me understand the real world.
When I was young I said to my mum, 'are the hills in the distance America?'
attacco decente
LeedsLooms
Giddy Kipper

Post by LeedsLooms »

http://www.facebook.com/leedslooms
Raising money to help support Leeds Ladies FC
10% OF EACH BRACELET SOLD WILL GO TO LEEDS LADIES FC
PLEASE VISIT OUR PAGE, LIKE IT AND SHARE IT AND HELP SUPPORT LEEDS LADIES FC
Also on twitter http://www.twitter.com/leedslooms
Thanks
MOT :thumbup:
Sheepy
LUFCTALK Admin

Post by Sheepy »

Good luck to all concerned. I was briefly the programme manager for them, they are challenging the gents team for turbulance over the years!