Leeds United confirm signing of Liam Cooper

Leeds United news here, transfer rumours, club affairs, players, fans, etc.
Specific match discussions should go in the category below.
SiMamu
LUFCTALK Moderator

Leeds United confirm signing of Liam Cooper

Post by SiMamu »

Leeds United FC ‏@LUFC · 1m
DONE DEAL: We can confirm the signing of Liam Cooper from Chesterfield for an undisclosed fee on a 3-year deal #lufc
"A man with new ideas is a madman. Until his ideas triumph."
Selby White
LUFCTALK Moderator

Re: Leeds United confirm signing of Liam Cooper

Post by Selby White »

SiMamu wrote:
DONE DEAL: We can confirm the signing of Liam Cooper from Chesterfield for an undisclosed fee on a 3-year deal #lufc
Jason Pearce said last night on radio leeds that he plays left side centre back and would be putting pressure on him to perform, he welcomed the competition, said its good to get the best out of everyone, great attitude.
Keep your face always toward the sunshine - and shadows will fall behind you.
Independent Republic
Eddie Gray's leftorium proprietor

Post by Independent Republic »

Selby White wrote:
SiMamu wrote:
Jason Pearce said last night on radio leeds that he plays left side centre back and would be putting pressure on him to perform, he welcomed the competition, said its good to get the best out of everyone, great attitude.
I don't believe in left side or right side CB. One has to be the ball winner with the other playing sweeper who is a good reader of the game and can mop up around him. To me this provides greater solidity to the defence as one CB is on watch at all times. To be honest i don't think Pearce is what we require at CB and I would be hopeful he is not our starting CB for the entire season.
Sheepy
LUFCTALK Admin

Post by Sheepy »

Another good signing this, and the best bit is we are now starting to get that important 'competition for places' factor.
Aces
Don Revie's bingo caller

Post by Aces »

A good solid signing, we are now covered at CB which is a relief.
We are Leeds, we have to believe our new players are good enough, encourage and support them and help them grow in to a team to be reckoned with. MoT
Mr Russell
LUFCTALK Moderator

Post by Mr Russell »

Happy with this signing and gives us some cover in the defensive positions and maybe he will force his way into the first 11. The jigsaw is falling into place :)
Owners come and go but Leeds United will be there forever, for the fans - keep Marching on Together.
SiMamu
LUFCTALK Moderator

Post by SiMamu »

His height's really been bothering me, everywhere says that he's 5'11. But that can't be true. Whenever I've seen him in pictures he's over definitely over 6ft and seeing him on Sky today confirmed that. After seeing this picture:
I was certain he was over 6ft as he's clearly at least as tall as the 6'1.5 Pearce, if not taller. And then I found this, which states he's 6ft2, which sounds much more accurate: http://www.football.co.uk/profiles/play ... 0384.shtml
Aces
Don Revie's bingo caller

Post by Aces »

I was very impressed with Cooper today, I thought he looked fit for a starters, unlike Wootton, who looks leggy and slow. He got in some good headers and his positional sense was good as well. He will probably be dropped for Bellusci, but he's a good un to bring in, when we need him.
We are Leeds, we have to believe our new players are good enough, encourage and support them and help them grow in to a team to be reckoned with. MoT
SiMamu
LUFCTALK Moderator

Post by SiMamu »

Actually, I think Cooper and Bellusci would make a better partnership than Pearce and Bellusci. Bellusci to attack it, Cooper to hang back on the cover.
Aaron
Jimmy Armfield's cardigan knitter

Post by Aaron »

Does his height really matter? If he's 4ft and good enough he will start.