An idea stolen from elsewhere

Leeds United news here, transfer rumours, club affairs, players, fans, etc.
Specific match discussions should go in the category below.
isrodger
Howard Wilkinson's military attaché

Re: An idea stolen from elsewhere

Post by isrodger »

Malcolm Stark wrote:
johnh wrote:The simple question is: Would Ross McCormack have got into Don Revie's squad? I think the answer is, that if he was on Leeds books at the time, he might have got into the reserve team squad.
I'd ask, if Ross McCormack had been on the bench during the 1970 Cup Final, would he have got on at any point, to add some influence, change the impetus, alter the shape of the game, relieve some tired legs, at any point during the long, hard four hours of that Final?

The type of player McCormack is, I'd say definitely yes. Therefore he's better than Mick Bates?
I was too young to remember that final. But I know one thing for certain there is not a player who has played for us in the past 8 years would would have got anywhere near that bench. Seriously the only player since we have been relegated who might of got the odd game is Lennon, and is he better than lorimer? Him or delph might have made the bench, the rest im afraid would not have been anywhere near the first team squad of I guess 14 / 16 in those days.
jjrgreeney
David O'Leary's baby-sitter

Re: An idea stolen from elsewhere

Post by jjrgreeney »

think it is slightly unfair to be relating players to the teams of old in order to gain legend status is it not? we was playing at a different standard, in a different league, in a different style of football. Legend status should be giving yes on ability but what they give to the club and for the club also shouldnt it?
Football is my religion and Elland Road is my church.