Transfer embargo for rest of season...

Leeds United news here, transfer rumours, club affairs, players, fans, etc.
Specific match discussions should go in the category below.
Fernandopartridge
Major Frank Buckley's monkey gland expert

Re: Transfer embargo for rest of season...

Post by Fernandopartridge »

I appreciate the FFP is there for a reason, but this could have a serious effect on our season now. We don't exactly have the most inform squad, and there is a serious risk of complacency setting in here. 'Well they can't bring anyone else in to replace me' is a mindset some players could adapt. We are sitting dangerously close to the relegation zone, with players who aren't blessed with quality challenging for places, with only freebies and low cost loan signings possible in January, this hardly fills me with confidence. Cheer GFH, you've been a right laugh!
isrodger
Howard Wilkinson's military attaché

Post by isrodger »

NottinghamWhite wrote:Think this has been coming for awhile now. What happens if we manage to off load Norris, Morison & White can we then sign players ?
We can sign players the ruling is just another farce. Call me mystic meg however I strongly suspect we will sign say pavolotti on loan with view to a permenent deal where any fee will be paid in the summer. It may impact on us in terms of some players who might have been running down their deals who we might have paid £250k for, and there may be some players who we might have offered in excess of £12k a week whom are theoretically now out of our reach. But the effect of this ban in reality will will be minimal. Cellino planned for it in the summer, he will find a way around it. Nothing in the ruling prevents payments to agents .... Now there's a loophole me suspects. :D
Last edited by isrodger on 15 Dec 2014, 17:08, edited 1 time in total.
USA for Leeds
Arthur Fairclough's milliner

Post by USA for Leeds »

NottinghamWhite wrote:Think this has been coming for awhile now. What happens if we manage to off load Norris, Morison & White can we then sign players ?
That's how I understand it. If you get rid of players, I think you can somehow use that money to sign new players.

But let's be honest: Morison is the worst deal we've made in a long time. No one will take him.