Set formation for the next fixture

Leeds United news here, transfer rumours, club affairs, players, fans, etc.
Specific match discussions should go in the category below.
Aqua-
Simon Grayson's Hairdresser

Set formation for the next fixture

Post by Aqua- »

Hi, im Michael and im new here to the forum.
I'd like to start a thread where everyone state their opinion about the formation, starting eleven (and subsitute), and the mentality we should play each fixture.

For example:
This saturday we play a home game against a weaker side - Wigan Athletic. with a shameful record of just 1 away win, lost 8 and drawed 2 this season.
With lack of good players at the final third since they let jordi gomez away, and a weak defence that conceded 30 goals in 22 games the task seem quite convenient.
Main threat is Callum McManaman, very talented, technical midfilder.

Mentality:
So on that matter I think we can play our confident attacking football, as long as we keep possession and close down McManaman as hard as he needs to be.

Formation:
4-2-3-1

Line Up:
-------------------Antenucci-----------------
---------------------Adryan------------------
Mowatt------------------------------Bianchi
--------------Murphy------Cook-------------
-----------------------------------------------
Warnock----Cooper-----Pearce----Byram
--------------------Silvestri------------------

- Hard decision between Murphy and Austin, but Murphy is more attacking player, while cook more defensive
- Might replace Cooper with Bellusci for this game, it would be a more firm defense line, but considering our opposition form...
- I dont like playing Bianchi as right winger, and i cant leave him off the first team, so another idea will be playing doukara on the right, while Bianchi replaces Cook on the back. yet id like to see Cook play regular football... any ideas?

Subs:
1. Stuart Taylor
2. Cooper (dont know anything about Del Fabro)
3. Berardi
4. Austin
5. Sloth
6. Benedicic
7. doukara

I'd love to see your suggestions,
And i hope this thread will be success before each game.
Aces
Don Revie's bingo caller

Re: Set formation for the next fixture

Post by Aces »

I don't think Murphy has even been on the bench has he? I said I would give him a run out against Forest, to add a bit of steel in midfield, but I don't think he's in Redders plans.

I like the looke of your team, but I would have Sharp in for Bianchi. I will be surprised if Billy doesn't play after scoring, putting him in for one game and he scores then gets dropped, would seem crazy management to me. Chances are Billy will play and Murphy will miss out, on that team you've picked.
We are Leeds, we have to believe our new players are good enough, encourage and support them and help them grow in to a team to be reckoned with. MoT
Aqua-
Simon Grayson's Hairdresser

Re: Set formation for the next fixture

Post by Aqua- »

Thanks Aces,
I see what you mean about Sharp, but i dont think he's good enough for the team.
I think that either doukara or Montenegro (he should get his chance) could replace bianchi on the right.
While cook can be replaced by bianchi if needed I wouldnt do so, cook will do the job and also we want him to gain experience so he could develop nicely.

What do you think should be the formation?