Redfearn interview 08-01-2015

Leeds United news here, transfer rumours, club affairs, players, fans, etc.
Specific match discussions should go in the category below.
NottinghamWhite
LUFCTALK Admin

Redfearn interview 08-01-2015

Post by NottinghamWhite »

#lufc Neil Redfearn says transfers should take off after Cellino returns tomorrow. NR admits Becchio is on his wanted list.

#lufc NR less committal on wanting Jermaine Beckford. However he is big on players understanding the club and having experience.

#lufc NR wishes Noel Hunt all the best and says it's a pity it's not worked out for him at Leeds.

#lufc NR says the youngsters have done well since being left out at Sunderland. "They looked like scolded puppies when I told them."

#lufc NR Says Bolton will be a different animal compared to the game at ER. Under Lennon he says they are more workmanlike.

#lufc NR :"We have to be upbeat and take the game to Bolton." Also says Steve Morison still has a future at club.

#lufc NR reiterates the need for fresh faces but knows he has to deal with the hand given him rather than be frustrated.

#lufc NR says there was little option other than Jan 17 for the visit of Bournemouth. Sounds genuinely excited about that fixture

#lufc Zan Benedicic has had a knee operation and is in Italy at the moment.

#lufc NR didn't go into too much detail on players he was chasing but did say Sol Bamba might fit the bill. Really all depends on Cellino.

Also interview with Byram - some snippets
#lufc Sam Byram on top form today. Says he has no intention of going anywhere else....especially as he's buying a house in this area.

#lufc Byram says he feels he is back to full fitness and that a 4-2-3-1 formation would suit him to push forward from full back

#lufc Byram says he was gutted to be left out at Sunderland but understood the reasoning. He says morale is positive.

Byram says he will be at #lufc at end of transfer window:" Oh yeah. I've not heard anything. I'm just looking to buy a house in the area."
Winner of the Europa League
Deleted User 2747

Re: Redfearn interview 08-01-2015

Post by Deleted User 2747 »

NottinghamWhite wrote:#lufc Neil Redfearn says transfers should take off after Cellino returns tomorrow. NR admits Becchio is on his wanted list.

I still think Becchio belongs at Leeds and would love to see him back, he should never have left - love him. :thumbup:
Barlow Boy
LUFCTALK Moderator

Post by Barlow Boy »

Frankie wrote:
NottinghamWhite wrote:#lufc Neil Redfearn says transfers should take off after Cellino returns tomorrow. NR admits Becchio is on his wanted list.

I still think Becchio belongs at Leeds and would love to see him back, he should never have left - love him. :thumbup:
Seconded :thumbup:, not sure about the Morison bit though.

Thanks for posting that lot NW :clap:
When you retire, you switch bosses - from the one that hired you, to the one that married you.
dlw10
Howard Wilkinson's military attaché

Post by dlw10 »

Please note that bit in the Redfearn quotes about Bournemouth being 17 Jan is wrong - it gave me a bit of a shock at first! The Bournemouth home game has been brought forward to Tuesday 20th Jan (even though I thought there was a rule that league games could never be brought forward!)
SG90
Raich Carter's Contract Agent

Post by SG90 »

Beckford and Becchio, seriously? Those are Redfearn's targets?
Aces
Don Revie's bingo caller

Post by Aces »

I would be surprised if anyone showed interest in Byram, his form last year was very poor and he has improved this year, but he has many faults in his game. It's time for Redfearn to pick on form players and drop those who aren't performing, if he doesn't we will be relegated, BMd did this and he nearly got us relegated from a play off position near Christmas.
We are Leeds, we have to believe our new players are good enough, encourage and support them and help them grow in to a team to be reckoned with. MoT
Deleted User 3246

Post by Deleted User 3246 »

As much as I once loved Becchio, he has barely kicked a ball in two years and I doubt he'd make an impact at the moment. Beckford, I'm afraid, has never really proved himself consistently at this level. He is a very good L1 player - end of IMO.