How much longer will Redfearn get?

Leeds United news here, transfer rumours, club affairs, players, fans, etc.
Specific match discussions should go in the category below.
Southstander
Paul Heckingbottom's career advisor

Re: How much longer will Redfearn get?

Post by Southstander »

Redfearn is not the problem. He took over a weak squad that is in urgent need of a few Championship experienced British players who know this League. We all know that and Redfearn knows that. Redfearn has sat down Cellino to talk about who we need to bring in and will have given him a few names and guess what we will get (if anything), 1 or 2 unknown 2nd rate foreign players who no doubt we will be told are great prospects. Then in a few months time we will be going back to League 1, mark my words. Without at least 2 good quality signings it will be goodnight from us. Cellino is famous for sacking coach after coach. I wonder when it will dawn on him that the big problem is not the coaches. :think: :idea:
IF THIS CLUB WAS A RACEHORSE IT WOULD HAVE BEEN SHOT LONG AGO TO PUT AN END TO ITS SUFFERING
dlw10
Howard Wilkinson's military attaché

Post by dlw10 »

cheffy007 wrote:Why in every interview does Redfern say "if we had got the equaliser then we could have gone on to win it"
He's done his coaching badges and the big thing they are all taught is to big your players up! I hate it! Whenever you see a manager say "They were the better team" I applaud them!
SG90
Raich Carter's Contract Agent

Post by SG90 »

I will hold my hand up and admit I was wrong and apologise to Neil. I criticized him for playing the same formation and team every week and for leaving players out in the cold, but he's brought Murphy, Morison and Wootton back into the fold and given Charlie Taylor a chance, who have all done well since. We've had a definite improvement in our 3 games this year as a result of the changes, so well done to Neil for seeing what was wrong and changing the fortunes. :clap:
Deleted User 728

Post by Deleted User 728 »

SG90 wrote:I will hold my hand up and admit I was wrong and apologise to Neil. I criticized him for playing the same formation and team every week and for leaving players out in the cold, but he's brought Murphy, Morison and Wootton back into the fold and given Charlie Taylor a chance, who have all done well since. We've had a definite improvement in our 3 games this year as a result of the changes, so well done to Neil for seeing what was wrong and changing the fortunes. :clap:
Nice post, mate - well said ! :thumbup:
SiMamu
LUFCTALK Moderator

Post by SiMamu »

He's brought back McDermott's two big money signings - Murphy and Wootton - and they've both impressed, with only two Cellino signings left in the starting XI (Cooper was recommended by Graham Bean, the consultant who got sacked over the Reading match rearranging). Perhaps McDermott did just need another season to get us promoted, although he'd need to be playing with Redfearn's style of play in order to do so. Perhaps we didn't need 15 summer signings.
"A man with new ideas is a madman. Until his ideas triumph."
Aces
Don Revie's bingo caller

Post by Aces »

SiMamu wrote:He's brought back McDermott's two big money signings - Murphy and Wootton - and they've both impressed, with only two Cellino signings left in the starting XI (Cooper was recommended by Graham Bean, the consultant who got sacked over the Reading match rearranging). Perhaps McDermott did just need another season to get us promoted, although he'd need to be playing with Redfearn's style of play in order to do so. Perhaps we didn't need 15 summer signings.
Ah But ...... Remember Cellino picks the team and tactics, so they say.
We are Leeds, we have to believe our new players are good enough, encourage and support them and help them grow in to a team to be reckoned with. MoT