How Good Are Our Academy Players

Leeds United news here, transfer rumours, club affairs, players, fans, etc.
Specific match discussions should go in the category below.
Deleted User 130

Re: How Good Are Our Academy Players

Post by Deleted User 130 »

It's true, how many players have you seen succeed in football with only one foot? No offence :D

If you mean there are no players who strongly favour one foot more than their other one then I think that's wrong, simple as that, there are loads of 'one footed' players. Beckham made a career out of it, for instance.
birkybullufc
Arthur Fairclough's milliner

Post by birkybullufc »

Cook, Byram, Mowatt and Taylor can all be pleased with their progress so far. Only time will tell how good they really are. A season or two doesn't make a successful career and there will be downs as well as ups in their career.
Delph is probably the most talented young player to recently come through our ranks, for mine. However it has taken a long while for him to start to approach the potential he showed while at Leeds.
I think my point is, just sit back and enjoy their development and hope they stay at Leeds for a long time. Most teams with sustained success have a nucleus of home grown players. Don't concentrate on their short comings, just enjoy what they do bring to the team.
Follow the cause not the leaders.
SiMamu
LUFCTALK Moderator

Post by SiMamu »

rigger wrote:
SiMamu wrote:Going to be hilarious coming back to this thread in 10 years after these four have won the Champions League and Premier League with us.
Si, how many times ... this is real life, not "FM World" :D
I failed to mention that I will be the one to manage us to these successes.
"A man with new ideas is a madman. Until his ideas triumph."
Deleted User 728

Post by Deleted User 728 »

What, you mean you haven't already ? :D
Deleted User 728

Post by Deleted User 728 »

rigger wrote:What, you mean you haven't already ? :D

SLACKER ! :wave:
SiMamu
LUFCTALK Moderator

Post by SiMamu »

rigger wrote:
rigger wrote:What, you mean you haven't already ? :D

SLACKER ! :wave:
Please, rigger, this is real life, not the 'FM World'. :D (Bet you didn't see the ol' switcheroo coming, 'ey? ;))
Of course I've masterminded a UCL and EPL victory in my time.
phil62
Jimmy Armfield's cardigan knitter

Post by phil62 »

Costy wrote:Can't believe Messi isn't in your all time greats list rigger. Undoubtedly the best player there has ever been. And I know it's not exhaustive, but how could you miss out Iniesta from best of the best? Unbelievable player!
I agree with you Costy, Messi is a phenomenal player and in my opinion easily in the top 10 of all time. I think Christiano Ronaldo is also a shoe in. These are the great players of the last twenty years.
“Even the darkest night will end and the sun will rise.”
SG90
Raich Carter's Contract Agent

Post by SG90 »

I think Cook and Mowatt would both do very well if they went abroad, but I guess English players would rather play for Stoke than Sociedad. I would say the most talented player on the books is still Dawson, so I'm still disappointed he hasn't had a chance, especially as Neil is in charge.
SiMamu
LUFCTALK Moderator

Post by SiMamu »

SG90 wrote:I think Cook and Mowatt would both do very well if they went abroad, but I guess English players would rather play for Stoke than Sociedad. I would say the most talented player on the books is still Dawson, so I'm still disappointed he hasn't had a chance, especially as Neil is in charge.
I think it's his size that's holding him back, Redfearn wanted, and probably still wants to give him a chance, but his size is a massive deterrent, particularly after the way he was brushed aside by the Fulham players in his last appearance.
Barlow Boy
LUFCTALK Moderator

Post by Barlow Boy »

SG90 wrote: I would say the most talented player on the books is still Dawson, so I'm still disappointed he hasn't had a chance, especially as Neil is in charge.
As Si says, I fear he will struggle due to his size, but fair play to him he doesn't half knock some goals in for the development squad, and is always up near the top for MOM in the reports I read.
When you retire, you switch bosses - from the one that hired you, to the one that married you.