Travel

The place to discuss anything that isn't football or LUFC
NottinghamWhite
LUFCTALK Admin

Re: Travel

Post by NottinghamWhite »

We have a Hooters here in Nottingham think it's the only one in the UK. Love their ribs & wings.
Winner of the Europa League
NottinghamWhite
LUFCTALK Admin

Post by NottinghamWhite »

American States visited are as follows ...

Arizona
New Mexico
Nevada
California
Vermont
New Hampshire
Massachusetts
Rhode Island
Connecticut
New York State
New Jersey
Pennsylvania
Delaware
Maryland
Virginia

Very high on my bucket list is Alaska, anyone been there ?
Winner of the Europa League
RamseyWhite
Howard Wilkinson's military attaché

Post by RamseyWhite »

Never went abroad when I was younger except when Leeds played. ;)
Done a fair few counties since but not interested now unless we play in Wales.
I leave the foreign trips to my daughter who is away for 4 weeks this year doing some South American countries.
Aces
Don Revie's bingo caller

Post by Aces »

rigger wrote:
Selby White wrote: Decent Irish Pub called Fado on West 4th street, they are a chain in America but really good with decent grub, so far been to a Fado's in Austin, Chicago, Seatle and Atlanta.
I've been to a few Hooters in my time - the food's surprisingly good :D

In the interests of keeping this a family-friendly forum, I've edited this post.
We are Leeds, we have to believe our new players are good enough, encourage and support them and help them grow in to a team to be reckoned with. MoT
SMorientes
Dick Ray's Talent Spotter

Post by SMorientes »

dlw10 wrote:
The Young Bremner wrote:Aplogises If a thread like this has been made, I couldn't find one.
Where is everyones favourate place to travel or best place they have been to so far.....

I have family living in Singapore and I must say its the cleanest country I have ever been to.

My favourate place so far must be the phi phi islands in thailand, took a boat ride and island hopped there for a day and I must say its paradice, especially if your into scuba diving.....
Oooh that is a spooky coincidence...just been out for lunch with some people who recently visited Singapore and the thing they were most impressed with was "how clean it was everywhere" ! In terms of places that are well looked after I have to say I thought Slovenia was similarly "clean" and tidy everywhere and a there are some lovely spots there.
Apparently the cleanest place in the world is in Kosovo, surprisingly. No matter how clean and tidy you think a place is, the capital of Kosovo is Pristina. :D
"Whenever people agree with me, I always feel I must be wrong."
Deleted User 728

Post by Deleted User 728 »

You've obviously never been to Immaculaté in Italy :D
SG90
Raich Carter's Contract Agent

Post by SG90 »

Selby White wrote:SG,
Not sure if you are into your live music but I'm sure you'll have read about East 6th Street in Austin but the best music you'll find at a place called The Continental Club which is south of the river (over the famous bridge with the bats and keep walking), only a $5 taxi ride is best option.
http://www.continentalclub.com/Austin.html

Decent Irish Pub called Fado on West 4th street, they are a chain in America but really good with decent grub, so far been to a Fado's in Austin, Chicago, Seatle and Atlanta.
Yeah mate, I love live music and I know about Austin's good reputation for it. Have you ever been to Stubbs BBQ? I'd like to check it out, heard good things.
birkybullufc
Arthur Fairclough's milliner

Post by birkybullufc »

Europe - France, Germany, Spain, Portugal, Holland, Belgium
N. America - Canada, Mexico, U.S.A. (Washington, Portland, California, Arizona, New Mexico, Utah, Texas, Oklahoma, Arkansas, Tennessee, Virginia, West Virginia, Maryland, Pennsylvania, New Jersey, New York, Connecticut, D.C.)
S. America - Bolivia
Asia - Malaysia
Australasia - Australia
Follow the cause not the leaders.
Selby White
LUFCTALK Moderator

Post by Selby White »

SG90 wrote:
Selby White wrote:SG,
Not sure if you are into your live music but I'm sure you'll have read about East 6th Street in Austin but the best music you'll find at a place called The Continental Club which is south of the river (over the famous bridge with the bats and keep walking), only a $5 taxi ride is best option.
http://www.continentalclub.com/Austin.html

Decent Irish Pub called Fado on West 4th street, they are a chain in America but really good with decent grub, so far been to a Fado's in Austin, Chicago, Seatle and Atlanta.
Yeah mate, I love live music and I know about Austin's good reputation for it. Have you ever been to Stubbs BBQ? I'd like to check it out, heard good things.
Had a look in my note book (always take a list of things to see & do on my trips) and Stubbs BBQ was on the list for Austin but never got around to visiting so can't say if its any good or not. Must have read good reviews at the time for it to be on my list.
Keep your face always toward the sunshine - and shadows will fall behind you.
ChilwellWhite
Howard Wilkinson's military attaché

Post by ChilwellWhite »

Infantile & lavatorial humour I suspect from not as I suspect a 12 year old but someone a lot older. It does demean this forum in my opinion.