I'm back ..

The place to discuss anything that isn't football or LUFC
PGS
Paul Heckingbottom's career advisor

Re: I'm back ..

Post by PGS »

johnh wrote:Played golf at Penha Longa which is just outside Lisbon. The only problem was they were testing for F1 at Estoril which is only a few miles away and was rather noisy. Really enjoyed the experience though.
I played Penha Longa as well a couple of years ago, looked alittle bit out of shape then.
Lived in a hotel quite cheap, 1mile from the citycentre. Biggest problem was alot of african beggars in the park walking downtown. One of them followed us every night, asking for money claiming he had aids. We tried to keep him on a distance hehehe.
Otherwise I agree with Rigger, great town to go to. Cheap food and drinking, quality at the same time.
Didnt get to see any football though :(
Deleted User 728

Re: I'm back ..

Post by Deleted User 728 »

PGS wrote: ... beggars in the park walking downtown ...

... Didnt get to see any football though ...
They must have had a clampdown on the beggars then, judging by all your comments. Either that, or they've gone to ground during the off-season. I only saw two people sleeping rough throughout the whole week too, so maybe they've set up more shelters or something ?

As for the football .. given the matchday experience of Sporting v Benfica was a bit of a disappointment in the end, I wish we'd gone to see Estoril, Setubal or Belenenses now. The latter, especially, being in such a beautiful location with a hillside stadium overlooking the river.
I'm more used to watching unsuccessful sides too, so it would also be more appropriate !